Phenom ii X2 550 overvoltage failed

If i go into bios and set the cpu overvoltage (cpu v-core) to anything other than auto, during post, ill get an error stating "overvoltage failed"
What should i do if i want to make my v-core higher?
6 answers Last reply
More about phenom overvoltage failed
  1. Why do you want to make your Vcore higher?
  2. either for more overclocking headroom or a try at unlocking the cpu to 4 cores. by the way the mobo is Asus m4a785-m with the latest bios for those who don't know.
  3. theyohan said:
    either for more overclocking headroom or a try at unlocking the cpu to 4 cores. by the way the mobo is Asus m4a785-m with the latest bios for those who don't know.

That is the exact motherboard I have. I have never gotten the message "overvolting failed." Are you sure it didn't say "overclocking failed"? I don't overvolt though so I might be wrong in my assumption. Anyway.

What manual voltage settings have you tried? Are you doing this on stock or overclocking the CPU at the same time?
  4. i was trying 1.4 on stock and then on stock again i tried 1.3875
  5. theyohan said:
    i was trying 1.4 on stock and then on stock again i tried 1.3875

Hmm. That should not be a problem. Strange. Is this with just two cores enabled?
  6. Yes, i would also like to note that i have a 500w Thermal-take psu (i believe there is also a toughpower catch line thing involved with the psu)
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Core Phenom