Razer Mamba causes boot issues

cythx

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
I recently bought a razer mamba and whenever I start up my PC with it plugged in, it wont get past POST. It just freezes after it shows my CPU settings and I can't go into BIOS or anything.

Anyone heard of these issues? How can I fix it? Thanks

It could be drawing to much current for your USB ports to supply, try connecting it to the USB ports at the back of your computer, or if that doesn’t work try the ones at the front of your computer. You could also try running it from a powered hub. Another idea try turning off legacy mode for your USB ports in the BIOS if it is on and the ability to boot from a USB device.
If all of this does not work then you probably have a faulty device.

cythx

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
Thanks a lot man :) I'm going to try all of this right now and post back if any of it works in case anyone else runs into this problem.

Not sure if I know how to turn off legacy mode for specifically USB ports, we'll find out.

cythx

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
Can't edit my post so I'll double

EDIT: My Mamba has 1000Hz polling for 1ms response time, if I connect it to another USB hub or to my screen/keyboard, will this make it ever so slightly slower?

cythx

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
Can't edit again, maybe it's an issue with my browser idk but here's an update

I have just disabled 'Legacy supprt of USB Mouse.', but it hasn't worked, I still freeze when my system tries to detect IDE devices.

Why would it freeze when trying to detect IDE devices? Just after it shows me CPU/RAM Specs.

Also if I plug it in half way while it tries to detect IDE and my AHCI devices it will interupt those and freeze

rdc363

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010
Don't rule out a defective USB device either... I'm running the same mouse with no issues at all (of course we probably have different MoBo/BIOS ... etc...). Anyway, if all else fails RMA the thing.

cythx

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
Hey guys, I just found out the real reason behind it failing to get past POST is when both my keyboard and mouse are plugged into the USB, if it's just one of either it's fine.

Any ideas?