Ok which one...

sticky_designs

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2010
You don't want either one I use an LGA775 first used the asus p5e3 premium and was real picky oc so I got the xfx 790i a bit better I put solid state hd's on a raid-0 and was not getting good read write speeds like I should have. Someone suggested I get the gigabyte ep45t-usb3p because it has the ich10r south bridge they where telling me the 790i boards have weak south bridges so I bought the gigabyte board my read write speads increased over 200mb per second! Over clocking is why better board is more stable etc. etc. The gigabyte is the best LGA775 board hands down!

Confusedracoon

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010

looks like a nice board. Problems, i dont want to buy ddr3 ram as well, just yet, i am happy with my ddr2 stuff, im not huge on OCing but i have dabbled in it, want a board with SLI capability. the three i listed are, as far as i know, sli ready boards.

i should have put more info in this, but i had recently posted something similer to this post so i didnt bother.

ok the three boards i listed do everything i want, they accept my Q8200, they can use ddr2 ram, they are SLI boards.
im not bothered about raid, or too sure what it is...except it shows mroe then one hdd as a single hdd? and second most importantly, they are relatively cheap

XFX had better reviews and feedback, check newegg for details.
ASUS makes a better overall board but me personally do not like that model..

is the asus board better overall? i mean i havnt compaird spec or anything, my chum has an XFX sli board and he loves it, never had a problem, alltho one of him ram sticks started playing silly beggers and died or something, the boards fine i think. i do prefir the XFX just because it looks pretty..and i know very well xfx do pretties with flaws very well.

erm just a quick side thought....what about Nvidia mobos? any good?

Confusedracoon

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
ok thanks alot, i will wait and see if the seller will post with a cheaper currier. i does like the look of the XFX board alot more, plus it has more fan connectors =D im abit addicted to case fans at the moment :$
thanks for the advice malmental

If you take a look at both boards you'll see some funky routing of the heat sinks and areas to be cooled. ( XFX and 750i are a little different but the same ) The nvidia chips are just plain hot. You can water cool if you want but it's only going to go so far. If you can cool the SB, that chip between the video cards and the NB you'll be ahead of the game. Nearly impossible to do all. On top of that the mosfets get real hot too. Just a hot board/s. The best and coolest 775's I found were the Gigabyte boards. I have several. Can't say I never made a "project" out of trying to cool boards before. Have fun.

Confusedracoon

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
oh ah heck...im awaiting an xfx board...i did look at gigabyte boards but couldnt find one i liked. clearly didnt look hard enough. oh well. i just ordered a new case, a nice new Cooler Master Elite 430. plus i have lots of fans so...we will see. i think i will start saving and have alook at some fancy cooling thingys..

Confusedracoon

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
its a dieing breed :( sadly. good cpus they were. Plus this xfx jobby and or an Asus P5N-D are pretty much my price limit...of £100. i will just deal with what i get. cool it as best i can. i cant aford to fork out for a new I3/5/7 or what ever.

say what you want but I have a few 775's and didn't want to upgrade to i5/i7 chips. The 775 is good enough TBH.... right now anyways. And the last processor I bought was a AMD.... a few months ago. I'm not very devoted, LOL.

Confusedracoon

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
The 430 is here and is all set up nicely.

For Malmental, Cable management Is.....Poop, if you have Facebook i can show you pictures. i really struggled to get the 4pinatx plug in from the bottom of the case. Plus I got the NON window model....¬¬ damn. but never mind, Its a nice case, mine isnt black on the inside, its that generic PC dull grey/white what ever. Plus, Getting the top front USB/audio slot leads from the front top to the bottom back is a Bit of a stretch, but can be achieved by threading them under the corner of you mobo, over all Im not amazed at it, but im happy, im waiting for them to send me the "optional" front 140mm LED fan. It came with a standard black exhaust fan but no front fan so i think you need to grill who ever you buy it from for the "optional" front led fan. It states it comes with one but meh. any way id give it about...70/100.

Another good thing, is as i got the version without a window i can put my own modded window in. Just need to find some ORANGE LED fans+light strips.....

Confusedracoon

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
ATX, its a asus p5KPL/1600, i didnt realise there were 2 different models for the same case ¬¬. my ambient temperature has risen by roughly 10degrees C as well....not best pleased with it.
Oh and be warned about large CPU coolers...i cant use 2 fan slots (rear top, and top side) cos mines too big. :(

Confusedracoon

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
lol i was checking case temps by finger and burnt it on my north bridge. my thermometer sensor is reading 51.2/53.3C.....it never used to get this hot...time to get a north bridge fan ¬¬

Confusedracoon

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
i could well do that. if you can come up with a theory to bend gravity to it points left to right........ 0.o

I have just realised...my temps have gone up by 10 degrees, and yet im getting a new xfx 750I motherboard soon..... -bites nails- That alaska 40mm chipset cooler fan thing looks promising