Sign in with
Your question

Issues between Samsung 206BW monitors, Asus EAH5870, and Windows 7

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 23, 2010 10:00:41 PM

Hello,

My main issue here is my samsung flat-panel monitors will not let me configure them. I cannot change the settings with the buttons on the monitor. For brightness, contrast and other settings it says "NOT AVAILABLE".

On my old XP machine I use to configure the monitors with Magic Tune. It is software that came with the monitor which allows me to adjust the settings from a GUI in windows.

Now I am using Windows 7 and I've tried to install a variety of different versions of magic tune. Pretty much tried them all and with all different compatibility settings. I can't seem to get it to work no matter what I try.

There are people on forums that have got MagicTune working with Windows 7. And there are just as many people that have had no luck.

I tried to install a program called Dtuner. It can't detect my monitors. This leads me to believe it is my video card that might be causing trouble.

So is there anyway I can have the control of my monitor settings back? Are there any other software programs you can recommend that can change my monitor's settings?

Thanks.
a c 1363 U Graphics card
a b $ Windows 7
a c 100 C Monitor
a b Ô Samsung
March 23, 2010 10:04:07 PM

Does windows recognize your monitor properly or is it listed as a plug and play monitor?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 24, 2010 6:01:38 AM

Have you installed drivers fpr your monitor?
m
l
March 24, 2010 8:40:32 PM

Its listed as the proper monitor in my device manager. However I will go update the driver.
m
l
!