SLI ready AMD mother boards

tecmo34

Administrator
I would not expect any Nvidia based chipsets for AMD in 2011 or moving forward. Your best luck is for the Lucid/Hybrid technology to take off and be more reliable for mixing of cards giving you the ability to run SLI on AMD boards.

tecmo34

Administrator
Think about it... AMD owns ATI. ATI and Nvidia are direct competitors to each other in the Video Card market, so why would you want them (Nvidia) used on your boards? It makes good business sense... just not fair to those that want AMD / Nvidia SLI platform.

jchambers2586

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
so how long before the lucid/hybrid technology gets to the performance of SLI/crossfire. I have been using AMD for 15 years because of price of boards and CPU"s. So I am stuck using AMD because of the price of those parts. I am upset about the SLI restrictions on AMD boards.

If Bulldozer pulls through and allows AMD to gain market share then nVidia may have to reconsider. The only real way to force nVidia to start allowing SLI certification on AMD boards is for AMD to have the fastest CPU. It would have to have enough of an advantage that AMDs top GPU (currently the 6970) in crossfire with Bulldozer would be faster than two 580s in SLI on an LGA 1365 (the replacement for lga 1366) i7 platform simply because the latter would be a little CPU limited. Yeah fat chance I know ^_^