Windows not saving passwords

GIGI

Distinguished
May 7, 2004

When we go to a website and type in user name & password, the box comes up,
"Would you like Windows to save your password?" We usually check "Yes,"
because it is so convenient. This is a home computer, and our new XP is not
remembering our passwords. Windows Me it remembered them fine. So, I am
sure it is some setting. Please help! Thanks.

Gigi wrote:
> When we go to a website and type in user name & password, the box
> comes up, "Would you like Windows to save your password?" We usually
> check "Yes," because it is so convenient. This is a home computer,
> and our new XP is not remembering our passwords. Windows Me it
> remembered them fine. So, I am sure it is some setting. Please
> help! Thanks.

You must have Cookies enabled for this feature to work properly.

In Internet Explorer, go to Tools/Internet Options/Privacy Tab.
--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

GIGI

Distinguished
May 7, 2004

Mr. Vernon,
Question: Do I lower the cookie level to allow ALL cookies, or will the
next-to-last level (no third-party) be okay? Thank you for helping me with
this. Gigi

Gigi wrote:
> Mr. Vernon,
> Question: Do I lower the cookie level to allow ALL cookies, or
> will the next-to-last level (no third-party) be okay? Thank you for
> helping me with this. Gigi

Generally, you will need to allow all cookies for this to work on all
websites.
--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP