Windows not saving passwords

When we go to a website and type in user name & password, the box comes up,
"Would you like Windows to save your password?" We usually check "Yes,"
because it is so convenient. This is a home computer, and our new XP is not
remembering our passwords. Windows Me it remembered them fine. So, I am
sure it is some setting. Please help! Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about windows saving passwords

    Gigi wrote:
    > When we go to a website and type in user name & password, the box
    > comes up, "Would you like Windows to save your password?" We usually
    > check "Yes," because it is so convenient. This is a home computer,
    > and our new XP is not remembering our passwords. Windows Me it
    > remembered them fine. So, I am sure it is some setting. Please
    > help! Thanks.

    You must have Cookies enabled for this feature to work properly.

    In Internet Explorer, go to Tools/Internet Options/Privacy Tab.
    --

    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP

    Mr. Vernon,
    Question: Do I lower the cookie level to allow ALL cookies, or will the
    next-to-last level (no third-party) be okay? Thank you for helping me with
    this. Gigi

    Gigi wrote:
    > Mr. Vernon,
    > Question: Do I lower the cookie level to allow ALL cookies, or
    > will the next-to-last level (no third-party) be okay? Thank you for
    > helping me with this. Gigi

    Generally, you will need to allow all cookies for this to work on all
    websites.
    --

    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP