Sign in with
Your question

Quick question about my corsair h90...

Last response: in Overclocking
March 7, 2013 5:20:09 AM

So like title says i have corsair h90 and very pleased with it. In case you do not know it comes with one 120mm fan that pulls air threw the radiator. I wanted to know if I can simply add any other 120mm to bottom so I can get a push-pull on the radiator. The radiator has the mounting screws for it just wondering if I can use ANY fan and if every fan comes with screws needed.
a c 177 K Overclocking
March 7, 2013 5:45:22 AM

You can use any 120mm fan you want, though chances are the screws necessary wont come with. Have a rummage through the parts that came with the H90, should have come with extra screws, otherwise you will have to buy compatible threaded screws (dpnt know which thread it is, and I'm short for time so I cant look it up, on a hunch its M4).
m
l
March 7, 2013 1:19:48 PM

What kind of performance increase should I expect? 5 degree Celsius drop or more?
m
l
Related resources
a c 177 K Overclocking
March 7, 2013 6:56:14 PM

Need more information like the CPU you are cooling, what overclock, ambient temperatures, what fan is it...

BUt at a guess, don't expect anything significant. Low FPI rads like the ones found on the Hydro series don't benefit much from push/pull fans.
m
l
a c 78 K Overclocking
March 11, 2013 5:27:36 PM

Regarding advice on closed loop coolers like the H90 or any other CLC's please head down to the watercooling sticky->closed loop cooler section. Also mentions of the screws you'll need :) 
m
l
!