Solved

What's the best x58 motherboard?

There are some x58 boards at the market now which make me so confused for choosing the right one.

I realize that x58 is a 'dead' board, but I still wanna build a system on it. I've planned to use 'top of the line' peripherals, but if you could suggest better I believe it would be lovely. Btw, I have unlimited budget, but prefer buying the best price/performance system to spend it for the expensive ones...

Thanks
PS: Forgive me for my bad english. I come from non-english country... :)
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what motherboard
  1. Best answer
  2. Ubrales said:

Thanx for your attention.

According to the link, this board suppports up to 4 gtx 285. Is it better than using dual gtx580?
  3. Dual GTX 580s will be superb! (SLI)
  4. Best answer selected by sixthseven.
  5. Thank you! BTW, the X58 is not a dead chipset!

Here is an extract from a review on Sandy Bridge: "Later in 2011, Intel will release a chipset called Z68, which will facilitate core and graphics overclocking on the same board. That’s not to be confused with X78—Intel’s next-gen flagship chipset, set to replace X58."

Complete review on Sandy Bridge: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/sandy-bridge-core-i7-2600k-core-i5-2500k,2833.html

Great informative article!
  6. Ubrales said:
    Thank you! BTW, the X58 is not a dead chipset!

Here is an extract from a review on Sandy Bridge: "Later in 2011, Intel will release a chipset called Z68, which will facilitate core and graphics overclocking on the same board. That’s not to be confused with X78—Intel’s next-gen flagship chipset, set to replace X58."

Complete review on Sandy Bridge: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/sandy-bridge-core-i7-2600k-core-i5-2500k,2833.html

Great informative article!

Thanx for the info. Btw, I've heard some issues (some say it detects RAM memory incorrectly) bout evga classified 4way sli. Do you know some info?
  7. I have the EVGA Classified 3-way board now - and before that I had the EVGA 3-way X58 board. Both are superb! The 4-way Classified is also great! The only thing better than EVGA boards is their superb customer service! Go EVGA!
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards