Sign in with
Your question
Solved

ASUS or GIGABYTE MOBO????

Last response: in Motherboards
December 25, 2010 3:26:11 AM

Hey guys,

Im currently looking at buying a mobo that will work best with a 6-core i7 processor. I have nearly made up my mind with the Asus P6X58D Premium board, but a lot of folks have been telling me great things about Gigabyte. This is my first build so i dont have experience with either company. I will OC and will use RAID eventually, and crossfire or SLI too.

Thanks to all.

More about : asus gigabyte mobo

a c 1119 V Motherboard
a c 302 Ĉ ASUS
December 25, 2010 6:25:02 AM

Both are top of the line, choosing between them would be personal preference if the price/features are the same.
m
l
December 26, 2010 10:07:13 AM

I used to like ASUS, but they got much worse lately, especially their support. I tried to update the BIOS on my "M2N-SLI Deluxe" and the board is a brick now. ASUS Flash utility is broken, BIOSes that ASUS put on their website are often for the wrong boards, just take a look at ASUS forum - many people with the bricked boards.

Based on customer satisfaction, it looks like Gigabyte is the best.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

December 26, 2010 10:50:15 AM

Gigabyte is relatively cheaper than asus i think. u can get all of u get from an asus board with gigabyte and save money that u can spend later for upgrading (of course if u plan to upgrade your pc next days...). maybe u should take a look at Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R. It's much cheaper than P6X58D Premium at newegg..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
January 2, 2011 12:15:46 AM

Best answer selected by Fsumack86.
m
l
!