Some help? inquiry made back a couple months ago .. 2600$ budget

adam873873

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
Alright I posted my new system I was supposed to order a couple months ago but due to some finincial issues I did not get to order it ... hopefully now that is resolved and would like to post my new build I am considering .. The only thing I am questioning now is will a 5970 fit inside a gamer HAF 932 case??

gpu - ATI radeon HD 5970 - 2gb .. I remember the user madadmiral reffering this card to me and after researching it a bit am seriously considering it .. do you think crossfire 5870s for the extra 100$ and 10 or so fps would be worth it .. because Im thinking in terms of being granted the ability to crossfire the 5970s with the extra slot available when I can ... and how easy would it be to overclock the 5970 ??

psu - Corsair cmpsu 1000hx watt

RAM - EITHER .. 6gb ddr3 1800 or 6gb ddr3 1600 ... Im not sure if the 1800 is overkill or not but what would be the benifits towards the two?

cpu - i7 930 ( 2.8ghz ) Im most likely going to keep at stock settings ... I might overclock depending on how much leeway my fan would provide me

fan - coolermaster v8

HDD - 1TB HDD , ( since its from a boutique builder I am unsure what type of hdd is provided they do not say but I am willing to buy another hdd if it isnt adequate .. I have no interest in SSD simply because of the costs so please dont refer one )

Mobo - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5

Windows 7 proffesional and Im not inquiring assistance to any other component to the pc ... An oppinion on this monitor would be somewhat benificial although.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001335&cm_re=24.6-_-24-001-335-_-Product

Also keep in mind that since Im building from a boutique builder ( Ibuypower ) they only offer a limited selection of components on some things ... such as the v8 fan is the highest quality fan and I personally dont think it will do bad performance wise for what I require .. future upgrade advice is appreciated though

Thanks

ckim2116

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
Just to let you know, my 5970 fits in my HAF 932 just fine, with lots of room to spare.

Good choice on the 1000W; if you're looking to crossfire 5970's, AMD recommends 850W but it's better safe than sorry.

adam873873

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
Oh perfect :) , and yeah I wouldnt want to be short on my power supply If I did decide to crossfire, thank you for your response

cmcghee358

Distinguished

As someone that bought from iBuypower I have a few insights.

As soon as you get it, look it over. I found memory not seated and my AM2+ retention bracket was MIA and in its place was an underperforming unamed aftermarket HSF.

I really can't stress enough the price difference of a personally built PC over anything you will order.

Also the satisfaction and experience/expertise is priceless. Besides the bracket and the memory being loose I had no problems with my iBuypower but I have heard some horror stories about their Customer Support/RMA process. Thankfully nothing I had to experience first hand.

banthracis

Distinguished
Ugh, don't buy from ibuyppower or cyberpowerpc.

Look at their resellerratings and better buisness bureau pages. Pretty horrendous.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/iBUYPOWER

ibuypower is FAR BELOW the average in terms of ratings, and has many pending unresolved complaints with the better business bureau.
http://www.la.bbb.org/Business-Report/iBuyPowercom-13141649

If you want a boutique PC, the cheapest quality builder is AVADirect. Go through the custom computer builder(not customer gaming computer) builder on their website and it's only ~5%-10% more expensive than ibuypower, but it's a MUCH better ocmpany. See their BBB and reseller ratings ages.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/AVA_Direct

Maingear, pugot and digital storm are also good companies.

adam873873

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010

thank you very much for sending me those reviews .. Im probably not going to order from them now as I do not have the patience at all to go through something like that ... Ill try the other sites you suggested