Sign in with
Your question

My Dvd Rom model no SH-S202J not working on win 7 pc 32bit.

Last response: in Components
Anonymous
June 23, 2010 10:24:35 AM

My Dvd Rom model no SH-S202J not working on win 7 pc 32bit.

I have couple of win 7 pcs all 32 bit and a few win Xp pcs also. This Dvd rom works on all the Win Xp pcs and does not read on the Win 7 pcs. It jst hangs and till i dont take out the dvd it will not function properly. I have also showed it to an authorised samsung dealers and they charged me a hand sum amount and said that it has been repaired. But when i got it back it was the same. Now i feel i have been cheated as it still works the same on a win xp pc and does not work on a win 7 pc at all.
I have another samsung cd rom which is much older to the dvd rom which works perfectly in my Win 7 pc without giving any issues. Only this model is giving me problems.

I have wasted more than 4 days in trying to solve this issue. Please try and resolve this issue for me as i feel that there is only a small issue in it which i cannot find out. It does not let me install the new firmware also which i downloaded from ur site.
June 23, 2010 10:26:28 AM

does it come up in the BIOS? are all the cables plugged in? did it come with a driver disk?
m
l
June 23, 2010 5:12:15 PM

DO you already have the Windows 7 installed on the computer and you are adding this DVD drive
or
you are tring to install Windows 7 and its getting stuck - if this is the case, just install Windows 7 using another DVD Drive and then switch the DVD Drive, then Windows 7 will detect the drive.
m
l
Related resources
!