Sign in with
Your question

Mini Tower/Case to fit Ati 5850..!!

Last response: in Components
June 23, 2010 10:29:02 AM

Hi frens....

I'm gettin these parts

1. GIGABYTE GA-880GMA-UD2H AM3 AMD 880G HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard + Athlon X3

2. Ati 5850

Could you suggest me the smallest Mini Tower/Case that will comfortable fit in the Ati 5850...???

Will a small case be....

1. Quiet
2. Maintain Low tempretures.
3. Efficient Airflow.

I'm trying to go for the smallest case so that i can have a tidy desktop.

Thanks.
June 23, 2010 3:00:39 PM

Cooler Master 341 ELITE.

BEST mATX case I've owned, not the smallest mATX case though.
Can pack in 4 x 120mm fans (low speed to keep noise down)

Otherwise, I would read some reviews on the cube cases. They would be somewhat smaller and more compact, not as cool though.

I have a 5870 fitting in this case with room to spare for another HD and even another CD drive, and probably another PCI expansion card.
a c 91 ) Power supply
June 23, 2010 4:05:51 PM

Why do you want a mini tower.!! It might fit your card but airflow will become an issue.. There are many decent mid towers out there to choose from.. Take a look at the cooler master CM 690 II advanced..
Related resources
June 23, 2010 4:38:43 PM

i wanna a mini tower coz...

1. i want to have a maximize desktop space and have a tidy desktop.

2. i dont intend to crossfire so i need space for only 1 card.

3. I there a "mini tower" which can handle a 5850 and have efficient airflow, be quiet, and run cool...??

4. in second option which is the smallest size mid tower that can handle a 5850 ??

Thanks.
June 23, 2010 5:09:46 PM

Emperus said:
Why do you want a mini tower.!! It might fit your card but airflow will become an issue.. There are many decent mid towers out there to choose from.. Take a look at the cooler master CM 690 II advanced..

My Cooler Master Elite 341 case has 4 x 120mm fans. What do you mean airflow will become an issue? My 5870 card does not have heat problems.
a c 91 ) Power supply
June 23, 2010 7:26:09 PM

PCKid777 said:
My Cooler Master Elite 341 case has 4 x 120mm fans. What do you mean airflow will become an issue? My 5870 card does not have heat problems.

The CM Elite 341 is listed in newegg as mid tower.. I dint mention anything to oppose that.. No need to get quirky..
June 23, 2010 8:09:14 PM

Emperus said:
The CM Elite 341 is listed in newegg as mid tower.. I dint mention anything to oppose that.. No need to get quirky..

Who is being quirky?

Go to Cooler Master site:

http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?category_id...

It lists the tower as a MINI tower.

Go to Amazon.com. It is listed as a mini tower.

Now what defines 'mini' versus 'mid' is a whole nother debate. Up to the OP to decide what dimensions suit a 'mini', but speaking of names,I am reminded of the Antec P180 'Mini' Case, which is NOT 'mini' by any means. I owned the case, then returned it because of the amount of dust it would collect. Likewise, I have bought 2 CM Elite 341 cases because of their small foot print, excellent air flow, great dust filtering, and perfect size to house decently powerful systems. Heck, you could probably fit a dual GPU setup in one of them too. The OP should not worry about names as much as dimensions and specs that suit his requirements. He asked for cooling and small size, hence the suggestion of a very affordable case that I thought would fit the bill.
June 23, 2010 9:52:56 PM

hi pckid and emperus....

i apprieciate the answers guys...

I see 2 usb outlets on the face/front of the CM Elite 341....

Is it USB 3.0 ???

I need the Minitower to have USB 3.0 as the mobo i'm gettin is USB 3.0.

Thanks
a c 91 ) Power supply
June 23, 2010 10:04:19 PM

There are not many cases out with front USB 3.0 ports.. Only CM HAF X has front USB 3.0 but it is a full tower (may call it super tower).. Besides, there are no motherboards yet with front USB 3.0 headers in my knowledge..
June 24, 2010 7:54:45 AM

you should check the lian li cases...
for example - Lian Li PC-V352 - it is microATX case so it is Ok for your motherboard. it has USB3 ports and has a good airflow and will fit your GPU.

this case is #1 in my list when I rebuild my PC...
!