Sign in with
Your question

Photoshop PC

Last response: in Systems
April 15, 2010 10:26:47 AM

Hello,

I'm trying to assemble a pc designed for web design. I want to be able to use the Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator, play hd movies. No games!

I've chosen some parts, and I would really appreciate it, if you could help me with some hints or comments about it:

Processor: Inter I5 750
Motherboard: Asus P7P55D
Video: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5770
RAM: Kit Dual Channel Kingston 4GB (2x2048), DDR3, 1333 Mhz, HyperX

I already have 2 SATA HDD's, a Thermaltake 500W power suply, and a case.

Thank you very much!

More about : photoshop

April 15, 2010 12:41:07 PM

Hello and welcome.
Type in "Photoshop" in the search field above the forums, and you will get about 6000 results with people asking the very same thing. Have fun!
PS, an nVidia GPU is preferred to ATI for Photoshop.
m
l
Related resources
April 15, 2010 4:33:12 PM

Best results acquired by posting in the format in this thread: How to Ask for New Build Advice

But prior to seeing that, I'll point out that you probably do not need a 5770 if you're not gaming. A 5670 or even lower-end card should do the trick.
m
l
April 17, 2010 1:59:19 PM

darkee999 said:
The 6000 results are 2:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/112-40-build-sister
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/68-40-need-buying

and neither of them have information about a i5 processor based sistem.

Thank you for your help!

I am sorry if you are having problems using the search feature. I found a vast number of highly enlightening threads, and I certainly did not mean for my earlier post to be sarcastic. (honestly, I really didn't, not this time anyway :)  ) It doesn't matter that your processor is an i5, i7, Xeon, Phenom, Athlon, it makes no difference, what you need to run Photoshop is easy to state in a fairly generalized way.
So, I'll say this.
Photoshop benefits from a fast processor, the more cores the better, lots of memory, and fast hard drives. What Photoshop does not need is a high end gaming card. CS4 and on will also gain some benefit using CUDA, which is available only on recent nVivia GPU's.
m
l
!