Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 24, 2010 5:58:35 AM

My Set top box:
Digicable box
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/3083/dsc00013l.jpg

My Tv tuner Card:
Pinnacle 110
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/1639/4603477431.jpg

My question is, how do i connect(which cable) these two so that i can watch and record live TV on my PC?

thanks.

More about : connect tuner set top box

a b x TV
March 24, 2010 1:40:47 PM

Having a hard time finding the specs on your TV Tuner card, but if that S-Video port on the card is an input port, I'd connect the set-top box to the tuner card using the S-Video ports.

-Wolf sends
m
l
March 24, 2010 4:17:17 PM

thank you for your reply. the funny thing is that even i do not know if its a input or output port! as i have never used it, i am not familiar with its functioning.
aren't the chances of it being it a output port slim? cause you don't have much to output from an inbuilt TV tuner card. am i right...?
m
l
Related resources
a b x TV
March 24, 2010 5:27:06 PM

That depends. ATI's All-In-Wonder cards were both input and output. Older versions of ATI's graphic cards had TV Out ports that looked just like S-Video ports. My guess would be that on your card, it is an input port, but it's only a guess.

-Wolf sends
m
l
August 28, 2010 6:05:05 AM

Hi. I am sorry to post in this old thread but i never got around to connecting my PC and set-top box cause I happened to remove the card from my cabinet due to temp issues. But now i have reinstalled it so i was wondering that according to what Wolfshadw suggested, where would i get audio from(the s video will carry the audio but what about the audio?)?

thanks!
m
l
September 1, 2010 5:14:50 AM

Any tip will be really helpful. thanks!
m
l
a b x TV
September 1, 2010 2:13:02 PM

First off, here's the manual

It appears that the audio is connected along with the video from the TV Antenna/Cable terminal input. If not, then it looks like you'd need a separate audio connect from a front audio port to the internal audio input on the card.

That's the best I can come up with.

-Wolf sends
m
l
!