Group Policy editor

A few xp updates ago whenever i ran gpedit.msc, i had heaps of windows
preference settings that i could tweak, lately about 85% of them have
disappeared! I can only set a couple of things for media player and
internet explorer now

Does anyone know what happened to the rest?

PS. i have sp2, but they disappeared before then

--
http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request
Topic URL: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/Configuration-Manage-Group-Policy-editor-ftopict242192.html

    Your either missing or not using all the .adm files. You can
    download them here:

    http://tinyurl.com/54su3

    Nepatsfan
    "starez" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    >A few xp updates ago whenever i ran gpedit.msc, i had heaps of
    >windows
    > preference settings that i could tweak, lately about 85% of
    > them have
    > disappeared! I can only set a couple of things for media player
    > and
    > internet explorer now
    >
    > Does anyone know what happened to the rest?
    >
    > PS. i have sp2, but they disappeared before then
    >

    > --
    > http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ This article was posted by
    > author's request
    > Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet
    > standards
    > Topic URL:
    > http://www.WindowsForumz.com/Configuration-Manage-Group-Policy-editor-ftopict242192.html
    > http://www.WindowsForumz.com/eform.php?p=736055

    I should have added that you might want to check the following
    first:

    Run gpedit.msc.
    Right click on each instance of Administrative templates
    (Computer configuration and User configuration).
    Select Add/Remove templates.
    In the list of templates make sure that the five default
    templates are listed. You should see entries for conf, inetres,
    system, wmplayer and wuau.
    If any are missing click on Add.
    In the box that pops up, if not all five are listed, then run the
    installation program available from the MS site.

    Sorry for the confusion.

    Nepatsfan

    "Nepatsfan" wrote:
    > I should have added that you might want to check the following
    >
    > first:
    >
    > Run gpedit.msc.
    > Right click on each instance of Administrative templates
    > (Computer configuration and User configuration).
    > Select Add/Remove templates.
    > In the list of templates make sure that the five default
    > templates are listed. You should see entries for conf,
    > inetres,
    > system, wmplayer and wuau.
    > If any are missing click on Add.
    > In the box that pops up, if not all five are listed, then run
    > the
    > installation program available from the MS site.
    >
    > Sorry for the confusion.
    >
    > Nepatsfan
    > "Nepatsfan" <nepatsfan@SBXXXVIII.com> wrote in message
    > > Your either missing or not using all the .adm files. You can
    >
    > > download them here:
    > >
    > > http://tinyurl.com/54su3
    > >
    > > Nepatsfan
    > > "starez" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    >  >>A few xp updates ago whenever i ran gpedit.msc, i had
    > heaps of
    >  >>windows
    >  >> preference settings that i could tweak, lately about
    > 85% of
    >  >> them have
    >  >> disappeared! I can only set a couple of things for
    > media
    >  >> player and
    >  >> internet explorer now
    >  >>
    >  >> Does anyone know what happened to the rest?
    >  >>
    >  >> PS. i have sp2, but they disappeared before then
    >  >>
    >  >>
    >  >>
    >  >> --
    >  >> http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ This article was
    > posted by
    >  >> author's request
    >  >> Articles individually checked for conformance to
    > usenet
    >  >> standards
    >  >> Topic URL:
    >  >>
    > http://www.WindowsForumz.com/Configuration-Manage-Group-Policy-editor-ftopict242192.html
    >  >> Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd).
    > Report abuse:
    >  >> http://www.WindowsForumz.com/eform.php?p=736055

    Thanks for the help...

    ...i only had the last two out of the five adm files

    > Thanks for the help...
    >
    > ..i only had the last two out of the five adm files

    Glad to see you've got that fixed. Thanks for the feedback.

    Nepatsfan

Configuration Windows XP