Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Can you connect ATI 5850 to a video camera

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 24, 2010 7:01:24 AM

OK - I'm going to try this one more time. I have a Cannon HV20 camcorder and an XFX ATI 5850 graphics card. My sound card that came with my ZT computer is Realtek. The question is: can the camcorder be connected directly to the ATI 5850 via HDMI to download video from the camcorder to the computer? Is there an "in" port for the 5850?

I have my computer monitor connected to the display port and so the HDMI connection is free. The only other connection I could use is to connect the firewire port on my camcorder to the firewire port on my computer which seems to be a waste when an HDMI port is availble on the 5850.

Thanks, XFX has not been a lot of help and the manuals are hopelessly general.

Best solution

March 24, 2010 11:24:38 AM

ATI video cards don't support HDMI-input. The DVI/HDMI ports on the ATI cards are configured as outputs to drive LCD, & Monitors.

Video cards are provided with breakout cable or dongle. It provides optional method of connection. Check your video card and what came with the package. I'm not sure if optional video inputs are provided. Most likely not.

The best option to link video camera to your computer is through the firewire and USB2(if available on your camera).

March 24, 2010 11:27:48 PM

Best answer selected by fl777.
m
l
!