My 64 meg Sapphire Radeion 64 meg video card went out.

My 64 Meg Sapphire Radeon 64 Meg 4x Video card went out. I had to put
an old Gefore2 32 meg video card in my new computer. Now I can't play T2.
Here is a list of cards from the company I bought mine from. Any
suggestions which card I should get? I will find out tomorrow if my card
is still under warranty. My card cost $69, but is no longer listed.
Albert

Video Cards
Type Price
Kaser 32MB SIS PCI $39
SIS Savage IX - 8 Meg AGP $14.99
Jaton GEForce 4 MX-440 8X $59
Jaton GEForce MX4000 8X $49
Sapphire 64MB Radeon 7000 4X $45
MSI 128MB GEForce FX5200 8X $75
MSI 128MB GEForce FX 5750 8X PCI $139
MSI 128MB GeForce FX5900XT $219
ATI 128MB Radeon 9200 4X $105
ATI 128MB AIW Radeon 9600XT 8X $239
MSI 128MB X600XT 16X PCI-Express $179
MSI 128MB X660GT 16X PCI-Express $219
Sapphire 128MB Radeon 9200 4X $59
Sapphire 128MB X300SE 16X PCI-Express CALL

Albert
14 answers Last reply
More about sapphire radeion video card
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Albert Conklin" <aconklin@satx.rr.com> wrote in message
    > My 64 Meg Sapphire Radeon 64 Meg 4x Video card went out.
    > I had to put an old Gefore2 32 meg video card in my new
    > computer. Now I can't play T2. Here is a list of cards
    > from the company I bought mine from. Any suggestions
    > which card I should get? I will find out tomorrow if my
    > card is still under warranty. My card cost $69, but is no
    > longer listed. Albert
    > Video Cards
    > Type Price
    > Kaser 32MB SIS PCI $39
    > SIS Savage IX - 8 Meg AGP $14.99
    > Jaton GEForce 4 MX-440 8X $59
    > Jaton GEForce MX4000 8X $49
    > Sapphire 64MB Radeon 7000 4X $45
    > MSI 128MB GEForce FX5200 8X $75
    > MSI 128MB GEForce FX 5750 8X PCI $139
    > MSI 128MB GeForce FX5900XT $219
    > ATI 128MB Radeon 9200 4X $105
    > ATI 128MB AIW Radeon 9600XT 8X $239
    > MSI 128MB X600XT 16X PCI-Express $179
    > MSI 128MB X660GT 16X PCI-Express $219
    > Sapphire 128MB Radeon 9200 4X $59
    > Sapphire 128MB X300SE 16X PCI-Express CALL
    >
    > Albert

    I have an ATI 128MB Radeon 9200 in my computer.
    Had no problems even running Unreal 2 and T3.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 02:33:36 GMT Albert Conklin said :

    > My 64 Meg Sapphire Radeon 64 Meg 4x Video card went out. I had to put
    >an old Gefore2 32 meg video card in my new computer. Now I can't play T2.
    > Here is a list of cards from the company I bought mine from. Any
    >suggestions which card I should get? I will find out tomorrow if my card
    >is still under warranty. My card cost $69, but is no longer listed.
    >Albert
    >
    >Video Cards
    >Type Price
    >Kaser 32MB SIS PCI $39
    >SIS Savage IX - 8 Meg AGP $14.99
    >Jaton GEForce 4 MX-440 8X $59
    >Jaton GEForce MX4000 8X $49
    >Sapphire 64MB Radeon 7000 4X $45
    >MSI 128MB GEForce FX5200 8X $75
    >MSI 128MB GEForce FX 5750 8X PCI $139
    >MSI 128MB GeForce FX5900XT $219
    >ATI 128MB Radeon 9200 4X $105
    >ATI 128MB AIW Radeon 9600XT 8X $239
    >MSI 128MB X600XT 16X PCI-Express $179
    >MSI 128MB X660GT 16X PCI-Express $219
    >Sapphire 128MB Radeon 9200 4X $59
    >Sapphire 128MB X300SE 16X PCI-Express CALL
    >
    >Albert

    Good luck with the video cards issue.

    I am sold on ATI AIW cards though mine is a 9600 cause I cant
    afford the higher end one.

    --
    "If confused why this or that is going on."
    "I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"

    On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 02:33:36 GMT, Albert Conklin <aconklin@satx.rr.com>
    wrote:

    > My 64 Meg Sapphire Radeon 64 Meg 4x Video card went out. I had to put
    >an old Gefore2 32 meg video card in my new computer. Now I can't play T2.

    Why? I'm pretty sure that I played Thief 2 originally when it came out on
    a Geforce2 card. Not sure about the video RAM though.

    > Here is a list of cards from the company I bought mine from. Any
    >suggestions which card I should get? I will find out tomorrow if my card
    >is still under warranty. My card cost $69, but is no longer listed.
    >Albert
    >
    >Video Cards
    >Type Price
    >Kaser 32MB SIS PCI $39
    >SIS Savage IX - 8 Meg AGP $14.99
    >Jaton GEForce 4 MX-440 8X $59
    >Jaton GEForce MX4000 8X $49
    Ugh, Jaton. Run away now.

    >Sapphire 64MB Radeon 7000 4X $45
    >MSI 128MB GEForce FX5200 8X $75
    >MSI 128MB GEForce FX 5750 8X PCI $139
    >MSI 128MB GeForce FX5900XT $219
    >ATI 128MB Radeon 9200 4X $105
    >ATI 128MB AIW Radeon 9600XT 8X $239
    >MSI 128MB X600XT 16X PCI-Express $179
    >MSI 128MB X660GT 16X PCI-Express $219
    >Sapphire 128MB Radeon 9200 4X $59
    >Sapphire 128MB X300SE 16X PCI-Express CALL

    I suggest visiting Newegg.com. Just pay $5 shipping and no tax and pick a
    decent card from the most highly regarded online computer hardware
    retailer around.

    Besides, you wouldn't want to order a PCI-Express card unless you've got a
    motherboard that supports it.

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

    My 64 Meg Sapphire Radeon 9200 4x ran T3 just fine also. I don't recall
    if I had all the "bells and whistles" turned on though.
    Albert
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Michael Cecil wrote:

    (snip)
    > I suggest visiting Newegg.com. Just pay $5 shipping and no tax and pick a
    > decent card from the most highly regarded online computer hardware
    > retailer around.
    >
    > Besides, you wouldn't want to order a PCI-Express card unless you've got a
    > motherboard that supports it.

    Does Newegg.com require a credit card?
    This have this card:
    ATI AIW RADEON 9600 Video Card, 128MB DDR, 128-bit, CATV/Video
    Out/Video In, 8X AGP, Model "ALL-IN-WONDER 9600" w/ REMOTE -RETAIL for $169.
    When I first got my new computer, I was told an 8x card works fine in
    a 4x slot.
    Albert
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 13:39:46 GMT, Albert Conklin <aconklin@satx.rr.com>
    wrote:

    >Michael Cecil wrote:
    >
    >(snip)
    >> I suggest visiting Newegg.com. Just pay $5 shipping and no tax and pick a
    >> decent card from the most highly regarded online computer hardware
    >> retailer around.
    >>
    >> Besides, you wouldn't want to order a PCI-Express card unless you've got a
    >> motherboard that supports it.
    >>
    >Does Newegg.com require a credit card?

    Yeah, I think so.

    >This have this card:
    > ATI AIW RADEON 9600 Video Card, 128MB DDR, 128-bit, CATV/Video
    >Out/Video In, 8X AGP, Model "ALL-IN-WONDER 9600" w/ REMOTE -RETAIL for $169.
    > When I first got my new computer, I was told an 8x card works fine in
    >a 4x slot.

    Yes, it should work fine. There's less than a 1% performance difference
    when going from 4x to 8x anyhow. It's mostly just a thing they can hype
    for marketing.

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Albert Conklin" <aconklin@satx.rr.com> wrote in message
    > My 64 Meg Sapphire Radeon 64 Meg 4x Video card went out. I had to put an
    > old Gefore2 32 meg video card in my new computer. Now I can't play T2.
    > Here is a list of cards from the company I bought mine from. Any
    > suggestions which card I should get? I will find out tomorrow if my card
    > is still under warranty. My card cost $69, but is no longer listed.
    > Albert

    You don't have a PCI-Express m/b.....so that rules any PCIe card out. A
    Radeon 9200 is a poor choice, slow and DX8.1 only. Get a 9600XT or 9800 Pro.
    You don't need the AIW card. A 9600XT or 9800 Pro is a true DX9.0 card and
    is vastly faster than a 9200 card. If you want to go Nvidia, the 5700 Ultra
    or the 5950 Ultra are the equivalents to the 9600XT and 9800 Pro.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 13:39:46 GMT Albert Conklin said :

    > ATI AIW RADEON 9600 Video Card, 128MB DDR, 128-bit, CATV/Video
    >Out/Video In, 8X AGP, Model "ALL-IN-WONDER 9600" w/ REMOTE -RETAIL for $169.
    > When I first got my new computer, I was told an 8x card works fine in
    >a 4x slot.
    >Albert

    I have the same agp card.

    Too bad ATI went too far with the macrovision. It thinks there is some
    in place when there is none on a vhs. sigh

    --
    "If confused why this or that is going on."
    "I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Augustus wrote:

    > "Albert Conklin" <aconklin@satx.rr.com> wrote in message
    >
    >> My 64 Meg Sapphire Radeon 64 Meg 4x Video card went out. I had to put an
    >>old Gefore2 32 meg video card in my new computer. Now I can't play T2.
    >> Here is a list of cards from the company I bought mine from. Any
    >>suggestions which card I should get? I will find out tomorrow if my card
    >>is still under warranty. My card cost $69, but is no longer listed.
    >>Albert
    >

    > You don't have a PCI-Express m/b.....so that rules any PCIe card out. A
    > Radeon 9200 is a poor choice, slow and DX8.1 only. Get a 9600XT or 9800 Pro.
    > You don't need the AIW card. A 9600XT or 9800 Pro is a true DX9.0 card and
    > is vastly faster than a 9200 card. If you want to go Nvidia, the 5700 Ultra
    > or the 5950 Ultra are the equivalents to the 9600XT and 9800 Pro.

    I contacted the store by phone and it looks like my only option is to
    take the Sapphire back and exchange it for the same type card.
    I guess upgrade is on hold for now. No use getting the same card back
    and buying a better one.
    Albert
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 02:09:25 GMT Albert Conklin said :

    > I guess upgrade is on hold for now. No use getting the same card back
    >and buying a better one.
    >Albert

    Does it have a ATI chipset on board ?

    --
    "If confused why this or that is going on."
    "I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Geneve wrote:
    > On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 02:09:25 GMT Albert Conklin said :
    >
    >> I guess upgrade is on hold for now. No use getting the same card back
    >>and buying a better one.
    >>Albert
    >

    > Does it have a ATI chipset on board ?

    The card or the Motherboard?
    Albert
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 12:30:46 GMT Albert Conklin said :

    >Geneve wrote:
    >> On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 02:09:25 GMT Albert Conklin said :
    >>
    >>> I guess upgrade is on hold for now. No use getting the same card back
    >>>and buying a better one.
    >>>Albert
    >>

    >> Does it have a ATI chipset on board ?
    >>

    >The card or the Motherboard?
    >Albert

    The video card itself.

    --
    "If confused why this or that is going on."
    "I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Geneve wrote:

    > On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 12:30:46 GMT Albert Conklin said :
    >>Geneve wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Does it have a ATI chipset on board ?
    >>
    >>The card or the Motherboard?
    >>Albert
    >
    > The video card itself.

    My guess is yes. A tech support website claims "(ATI RADEON 9200
    Chipset)".
    Albert
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 02:13:49 GMT Albert Conklin said :

    >Geneve wrote:

    >>>The card or the Motherboard?
    >>>Albert
    >>
    >> The video card itself.
    >>
    > My guess is yes. A tech support website claims "(ATI RADEON 9200
    >Chipset)".
    >Albert

    Maybe you can toy with some 3rd party drivers to get better effects.

    --
    "If confused why this or that is going on."
    "I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"

Graphics Cards Sapphire Geforce Radeon Video Games