Cooling Laptop AMD A6-3400M

nRRe

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011
I am looking for a way to cool my laptops CPU better. Below is a link to a picture of it.

It is a Socket FS1, AMD A6-3400M APU. My main issue is that i can't use a backplate mounted Heatsync so the popular Hyper Evo 212 etc are out.

Thought about water cooling, and mounting the radiator portion to the top of the laptop/back of the monitor.

Do any of the cpu coolers line up with these bolt holes?

http://www.irisvista.com/tech/laptops/Toshiba-Satellite-L755-L755D-L750-L750D/laptop-case-big/dismantle-laptop-29.jpg

was looking at ones like this.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835999013

NOTE: i am aware if i go with something like this i won't be able to use my laptops original casing. I am either going to place the motherboard into a case or build a stand the laptop sits on and cut a hole in the casing to allow it to fit. Ghetto, yes, but it's all i have to work with. I would love to build a PC but wife is in school still and money isn't there right now, just looking for a way to cool down my laptop so i can OC it more. It is stock 1.4ghz, and i can OC it to 2.3ghz reliably and haven't had issues. I've heard of people managing up to 2.6-2.8ghz OC's I just want to see what all I can do with this laptop.

jerry6

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
one thing you can do is clean off the thermal; goop they slop on and put some good thermal paste , I do that on all my laptops and have seen from 8 - 20c drop in temps , depending on how much the factory troweled on .

jerry6

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009

You should see a big improvement , they really slop on the paste at the factory . I don't use actic silver , just cheap stuff like OCZ freeze no longer made and TIM Tronics Grey ice 4200 , they have worked well for me and tested near the top on all thermal paste reviews , and they are not expensive , 5.00 tube is good for 10 or more builds .
Just be sure to not use to much .

nRRe

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011
i picked it up as i was on amazon and buying a 16gb usb flash drive, just something to put windows 8 on, and if i spent $8 more i could get free shipping, and shipping was 9$ so i picked up the Ceramique and an HDMI cable. figure'd why not, its essentially "free"