ATI Mobility Radeon 3650

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
helping a friend with a laptop and trying to find the latest version of the drivers for this particular video card for Win 7 64-bit. I'm usually good at finding this kind of thing but the ATI website is a little confusing. Anyone that may have one of these radeons who knows where to get the latest win 7 64-bit drivers for it?

Thanks!

Solution
Right now, ati does not have mobility drivers as that is the OEM's responsibility as they do not want drivers causing problems. However, as of 10.3's ati will support the mobility radeons and have an opt out system in place so that if an OEM does not support it they can forbid ati from oferrinf support for their notebooks.

Your only true option right now is to rely on the OEM's to provide the necessary drivers. Either that or use some tools that are available to modify desktop drivers. i can't recall the name of the one people use for ati cards but I believe it does exist.

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
That is the one i tried the other day and i am still having an issue, while doing random (non-graphic intensive) tasks, the screen will go erratic then goes black and comes up to the screen again and what i was working on - then at the bottom right is says the display driver message encountered an error, not entirely sure what the error says, i'll write it down next time it happens.

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008

the next 10.3 drivers will be universal to both the desktop and mobility GPU's?

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008

Already tried Driver sweeper, the issue happened both with the driver version found on the Dell support site and the 9.9 that you suggested earlier.

Right now, ati does not have mobility drivers as that is the OEM's responsibility as they do not want drivers causing problems. However, as of 10.3's ati will support the mobility radeons and have an opt out system in place so that if an OEM does not support it they can forbid ati from oferrinf support for their notebooks.

Your only true option right now is to rely on the OEM's to provide the necessary drivers. Either that or use some tools that are available to modify desktop drivers. i can't recall the name of the one people use for ati cards but I believe it does exist.

Solution