T2X Trailer is out!

For those of you who don't know this already, a huge Thief FM campaign
called T2X: Shadows of the Metal Age has been in development for over four
years (yup), and now the wait is nearly over as the release date draws near.
To wet out appetites the T2X team has released a trailer, and it's really
something to see.

T2X is a completely new,*massive* 13-mission (and not teeny-weeny missions
either, but huge ones) campaign, with a new protagonist, new enemies, new
weapons, custom cinematics and cut-scenes, voice acting, etc. In essence,
it's a completely new, full-blown Thief game. And we're getting it for
free, which is something I still cannot believe. I'd be willing to pay good
money for it. It's a new Thief-game, for cryin' out loud!

Find the trailer at http://thiefmissions.com/t2x/t2x_trailer_divx.zip, and
enjoy. Although the T3Ed is now out, the Dromed is far from obsolete.
Looks fantastic, I cannot wait to play it!

The T2X website can be found at www.thief2x.com. The trailer is also
available there. Whee :)

- Mika L
76 answers Last reply
More about trailer
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Mika Latokartano"
    <mika.latokartano@REMOVETHIS.kolumbus.fi.invalid> wrote in

    <snip>

    > Find the trailer at
    > http://thiefmissions.com/t2x/t2x_trailer_divx.zip, and
    > enjoy. Although the T3Ed is now out, the Dromed is far
    > from obsolete. Looks fantastic, I cannot wait to play it!

    33.47 megs.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Mika Latokartano wrote:
    > For those of you who don't know this already, a huge Thief FM campaign
    > called T2X: Shadows of the Metal Age has been in development for over
    > four years (yup), and now the wait is nearly over as the release date
    > draws near. To wet out appetites the T2X team has released a trailer,
    > and it's really something to see.
    >
    > T2X is a completely new,*massive* 13-mission (and not teeny-weeny
    > missions either, but huge ones) campaign, with a new protagonist, new
    > enemies, new weapons, custom cinematics and cut-scenes, voice acting,
    > etc. In essence, it's a completely new, full-blown Thief game. And
    > we're getting it for free, which is something I still cannot believe.
    > I'd be willing to pay good money for it. It's a new Thief-game, for
    > cryin' out loud!
    >
    > Find the trailer at http://thiefmissions.com/t2x/t2x_trailer_divx.zip,
    > and enjoy. Although the T3Ed is now out, the Dromed is far from
    > obsolete. Looks fantastic, I cannot wait to play it!
    >
    > The T2X website can be found at www.thief2x.com. The trailer is also
    > available there. Whee :)
    >
    > - Mika L

    incase anyone is wondering, it's worth the download...

    I've just watched it and i'm squeeling like a little girly with excitment!

    YOU CAN DECAPITATE ZOMBIES!

    and from the looks of things some kind of gas arrow that sends enemies
    into confusion and makes them attack each other!!

    and it just looks very very lush indeed.

    Daniel.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Mika Latokartano" <mika.latokartano@REMOVETHIS.kolumbus.fi.invalid> wrote
    in message news:d29a2l$ilu$1@phys-news1.kolumbus.fi...
    > For those of you who don't know this already, a huge Thief FM campaign
    > called T2X: Shadows of the Metal Age has been in development for over four
    > years (yup), and now the wait is nearly over as the release date draws
    near.
    > To wet out appetites the T2X team has released a trailer, and it's really
    > something to see.
    >
    > T2X is a completely new,*massive* 13-mission (and not teeny-weeny missions
    > either, but huge ones) campaign, with a new protagonist, new enemies, new
    > weapons, custom cinematics and cut-scenes, voice acting, etc. In essence,
    > it's a completely new, full-blown Thief game. And we're getting it for
    > free, which is something I still cannot believe. I'd be willing to pay
    good
    > money for it. It's a new Thief-game, for cryin' out loud!
    >
    > Find the trailer at http://thiefmissions.com/t2x/t2x_trailer_divx.zip, and
    > enjoy. Although the T3Ed is now out, the Dromed is far from obsolete.
    > Looks fantastic, I cannot wait to play it!
    >
    > The T2X website can be found at www.thief2x.com. The trailer is also
    > available there. Whee :)
    >
    > - Mika L

    Oh!

    Wow!

    OhMyGodOhMyGodOhMyGodOhMyGodOhMyGodOhMyGod
    OhMyGodOhMyGodOhMyGodOhMyGod!

    JJ (UK)
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    > incase anyone is wondering, it's worth the download...

    It definitely is mate.

    > I've just watched it and i'm squeeling like a little girly with excitment!
    >
    > YOU CAN DECAPITATE ZOMBIES!
    >
    > and from the looks of things some kind of gas arrow that sends enemies
    > into confusion and makes them attack each other!!
    >
    > and it just looks very very lush indeed.
    >
    > Daniel.

    This trailer is fantastic, can't wait, this got to be the best since sliced
    bread as they say or more since Thief 2 came out!
    Thanks a lot to everybody involved, I gotta go now and howl at the moon in
    anticipation.

    --
    Barnaby
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 09:12:33 -0700 Mos said :

    >33.47 megs.

    Its getting reposted in smaller rar segments so dial ups
    have a shot at getting the file in stages........

    --
    "If confused why this or that is going on."
    "I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"

    On 28 Mar 2005 17:49:39 -0800 Geneve said :

    >On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 09:12:33 -0700 Mos said :
    >>
    >>33.47 megs.
    >>

    >Its getting reposted in smaller rar segments so dial ups
    >have a shot at getting the file in stages........

    The smaller file set of rars for that zip look to be complete.

    SO if any one has web friends that are on dial up they can get
    the files in stages.

    Geneve

    --
    "If confused why this or that is going on."
    "I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Geneve" <a@n.com> wrote in message
    > On 28 Mar 2005 17:49:39 -0800 Geneve said :
    >>
    >>On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 09:12:33 -0700 Mos said :
    >>>
    >>>33.47 megs.
    >>>

    >>Its getting reposted in smaller rar segments so dial ups
    >>have a shot at getting the file in stages........
    >>

    > The smaller file set of rars for that zip look to be
    > complete.
    >
    > SO if any one has web friends that are on dial up they
    > can get the files in stages.
    >
    > Geneve

    I downloaded the 33 meg one.
    Thing was, when I played it, just music and sounds, no pic.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 07:57:38 -0700 Mos said :

    >"Geneve" <a@n.com> wrote in message

    >>>Its getting reposted in smaller rar segments so dial ups
    >>>have a shot at getting the file in stages........
    >>>

    >> The smaller file set of rars for that zip look to be
    >> complete.
    >>
    >> SO if any one has web friends that are on dial up they
    >> can get the files in stages.
    >>
    >> Geneve
    >
    >I downloaded the 33 meg one.
    >Thing was, when I played it, just music and sounds, no pic.

    If no video then it was a codec issue.

    Let me know if you need some help.

    --
    "If confused why this or that is going on."
    "I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    > On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 07:57:38 -0700 Mos said :
    >>

    >>"Geneve" <a@n.com> wrote in message

    >>> The smaller file set of rars for that zip look to be
    >>> complete.
    >>>
    >>> SO if any one has web friends that are on dial up they
    >>> can get the files in stages.
    >>>
    >>> Geneve
    >>
    >>I downloaded the 33 meg one.
    >>Thing was, when I played it, just music and sounds, no
    >>pic.
    >>
    > If no video then it was a codec issue.
    >
    > Let me know if you need some help.

    .......you mean with the codec thing ?
    Your last statement distracted me and my
    mind went on to something else.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 13:20:10 -0700 Mos said :

    .......you mean with the codec thing ?
    >Your last statement distracted me and my
    >mind went on to something else.

    You're a character......

    :)

    --
    "If confused why this or that is going on."
    "I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    > I downloaded the 33 meg one.
    > Thing was, when I played it, just music and sounds, no pic.

    Did you install divx codecs.

    rms
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
    >> I downloaded the 33 meg one.
    >> Thing was, when I played it, just music and sounds, no
    >> pic.
    >
    > Did you install divx codecs.
    >
    > rms

    Uh............................no.
    Figured it would work on the regular media player.
    Thanks for mentioning it.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 12:19:47 -0700 Mos said :

    >"rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
    >>> I downloaded the 33 meg one.
    >>> Thing was, when I played it, just music and sounds, no
    >>> pic.
    >>
    >> Did you install divx codecs.
    >>
    >> rms
    >
    >Uh............................no.
    >Figured it would work on the regular media player.
    >Thanks for mentioning it.

    BSplayer is better than windows media player for avi files.

    --
    "If confused why this or that is going on."
    "I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"

    Crossposting from alt.games.thief-dark-project:

    > For those of you who don't know this already, a huge Thief FM campaign
    > called T2X: Shadows of the Metal Age has been in development for over four
    > years (yup), and now the wait is nearly over as the release date draws
    > near. To wet out appetites the T2X team has released a trailer, and it's
    > really something to see.
    >
    > T2X is a completely new,*massive* 13-mission (and not teeny-weeny missions
    > either, but huge ones) campaign, with a new protagonist, new enemies, new
    > weapons, custom cinematics and cut-scenes, voice acting, etc. In essence,
    > it's a completely new, full-blown Thief game. And we're getting it for
    > free, which is something I still cannot believe. I'd be willing to pay
    > good money for it. It's a new Thief-game, for cryin' out loud!
    >
    > Find the trailer at http://thiefmissions.com/t2x/t2x_trailer_divx.zip, and
    > enjoy. Although the T3Ed is now out, the Dromed is far from obsolete.
    > Looks fantastic, I cannot wait to play it!
    >
    > The T2X website can be found at www.thief2x.com. The trailer is also
    > available there. Whee :)
    >
    > - Mika L

    rms
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    > Uh............................no.
    > Figured it would work on the regular media player.
    > Thanks for mentioning it.

    It does work on the regular media player.... as long as you have the divx
    codecs installed :)

    www.divx.com
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Paul Harris" <paul@NO-SPAMmonkeyland.demon.co.uk> wrote in
    message news:d2cadn$d8f$1@domitilla.aioe.org
    >> Uh............................no.
    >> Figured it would work on the regular media player.
    >> Thanks for mentioning it.
    >
    > It does work on the regular media player.... as long as
    > you have the divx codecs installed :)
    >
    > www.divx.com

    Thanks for the URL.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Paul Harris" <paul@NO-SPAMmonkeyland.demon.co.uk> wrote in
    message news:d2cadn$d8f$1@domitilla.aioe.org
    >> Uh............................no.
    >> Figured it would work on the regular media player.
    >> Thanks for mentioning it.
    >
    > It does work on the regular media player.... as long as
    > you have the divx codecs installed :)
    >
    > www.divx.com

    Outstanding.
    Mika said it was free. I agree with him, I'd pay for it.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 18:13:53 -0700 Mos said :

    >> It does work on the regular media player.... as long as
    >> you have the divx codecs installed :)
    >>
    >> www.divx.com
    >
    >Outstanding.
    >Mika said it was free. I agree with him, I'd pay for it.

    If you are talking DivX here. I paid for it.

    The rub is in my case the beast unless you have a fire wall installed.
    It keeps wanting to call out to the internet even though your paid
    number works fine.

    Well thats whats going on with my end any ways.

    Any program that opens the thing boom tries calling out to the divx people.

    very annoying till I put each program in to my firewall to auto block the beast.

    Calls to the techs got ignored..... Nice huh. You pay for the codec and
    tech support wont reply to the issue.

    --
    "If confused why this or that is going on."
    "I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    > On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 18:13:53 -0700 Mos said :
    >>
    >>> It does work on the regular media player.... as long as
    >>> you have the divx codecs installed :)
    >>>
    >>> www.divx.com
    >>
    >>Outstanding.
    >>Mika said it was free. I agree with him, I'd pay for it.
    >>

    > If you are talking DivX here. I paid for it.

    I was way too vague. I was commenting on the trailer.
    My apologies.

    > The rub is in my case the beast unless you have a fire
    > wall installed.
    > It keeps wanting to call out to the internet even though
    > your paid
    > number works fine.
    >
    > Well thats whats going on with my end any ways.
    >
    > Any program that opens the thing boom tries calling out
    > to the divx people.
    >
    > very annoying till I put each program in to my firewall
    > to auto block the beast.
    >
    > Calls to the techs got ignored..... Nice huh. You pay for
    > the codec and
    > tech support wont reply to the issue.
    >

    > --
    > "If confused why this or that is going on."
    > "I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    > On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 13:20:10 -0700 Mos said :
    >>
    > ......you mean with the codec thing ?
    >>Your last statement distracted me and my
    >>mind went on to something else.
    >>

    > You're a character......
    >
    > :)

    And I can cook.
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Mos wrote:

    > "Geneve" <a@n.com> wrote in message

    >>>Its getting reposted in smaller rar segments so dial ups
    >>>have a shot at getting the file in stages........
    >>>

    >>The smaller file set of rars for that zip look to be
    >>complete.
    >>
    >>SO if any one has web friends that are on dial up they
    >>can get the files in stages.
    >>
    >>Geneve
    >

    > I downloaded the 33 meg one.
    > Thing was, when I played it, just music and sounds, no pic.

    the picture worked just fine for me, but most of it was very very dark.
    They should of turned up the brightness a bit in order to see more of it.
    Albert
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 02:03:52 GMT Albert Conklin said :

    >the picture worked just fine for me, but most of it was very very dark.
    >They should of turned up the brightness a bit in order to see more of it.
    >Albert

    I know what you mean.

    If you bump in to the wrong sort all they do is counter with
    it is called "The Dark Project" or some varient.

    --
    "If confused why this or that is going on."
    "I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Albert Conklin" <aconklin@satx.rr.com> kirjoitti
    viestissä:cOn2e.23056$ot.18475@tornado.texas.rr.com...

    > the picture worked just fine for me, but most of it was very very dark.
    > They should of turned up the brightness a bit in order to see more of it.
    > Albert

    That can also be related to your particular graphics card, driver version,
    display type and its settings. But granted, it is a bit on the dark side.
    Start out with a darkened room, and then what you can do, is adjust the
    brightness and the contrast with the Media Player's video settings (at least
    on WinXP, latest Media Player) to a level of your liking.

    - Mika L
    ..
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Albert Conklin" <aconklin@satx.rr.com> wrote in message

    > the picture worked just fine for me, but most of it was very very dark.
    > They should of turned up the brightness a bit in order to see more of it.
    > Albert

    Most likely related to your grafx card/monitor etc. setup or your gamma
    settings, like Mika said.
    Wasn't too dark here.

    Try a decent player like Crystalplayer or JetAudio that lets you adjust
    these settings easily.

    --

    Barnaby
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Mika Latokartano wrote:

    > "Albert Conklin" <aconklin@satx.rr.com> kirjoitti
    > viestissä:cOn2e.23056$ot.18475@tornado.texas.rr.com...
    >
    >> the picture worked just fine for me, but most of it was very very
    >> dark. They should of turned up the brightness a bit in order to see
    >> more of it.
    >> Albert
    >

    > That can also be related to your particular graphics card, driver
    > version, display type and its settings. But granted, it is a bit on the
    > dark side. Start out with a darkened room, and then what you can do, is
    > adjust the brightness and the contrast with the Media Player's video
    > settings (at least on WinXP, latest Media Player) to a level of your
    > liking.
    >
    > - Mika L
    > .
    Never new I could do that. I guess I will have to play with Media
    Player's settings. I use WinXP and Media Player 9, I think. Haven't felt
    like upgrading it.
    Thanks for the advice.
    Albert
  26. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Whahoo! This seemed to be in limbo for so long I thought it had died. Will
    keep me going until some T3 missions appear.
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 10:42:02 GMT Barnaby said :

    >Try a decent player like Crystalplayer or JetAudio that lets you adjust
    >these settings easily.
    >
    >--
    >
    >Barnaby

    Have yet to see that name of a player..

    I am using mostly bsplayer for avis and media player for mpegs

    --
    "If confused why this or that is going on."
    "I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 21:14:57 -0700, Mos wrote:

    >>>Your last statement distracted me and my
    >>>mind went on to something else.
    >>>

    >> You're a character......
    >>
    >> :)
    >
    > And I can cook.

    And you really need to get out more ;)
  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Mike" <mdh@deadspam.com> wrote in message

    >>> You're a character......
    >>>
    >>> :)
    >>
    >> And I can cook.
    >
    > And you really need to get out more ;)

    <sigh> dromed won't let me !
  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 08:01:43 -0700 Mos said :

    >> And you really need to get out more ;)
    >
    ><sigh> dromed won't let me !

    I still say it would be nice to have a 3rd party mission
    tweaker to alter the values of fan missions as far as
    Garrets equipment goes.

    I admit I know nothing of mission building so have no clue
    how hard it would be to have a utility to perform that
    function.

    --
    "If confused why this or that is going on."
    "I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    > On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 08:01:43 -0700 Mos said :
    >>
    >>> And you really need to get out more ;)
    >>
    >><sigh> dromed won't let me !
    >>

    > I still say it would be nice to have a 3rd party mission
    > tweaker to alter the values of fan missions as far as
    > Garrets equipment goes.

    Umm....mom ! Geneve's trying to cheat !
    Try using the money cheat at the beginning...if there
    is a store in that FM.
    I try to get through missions using only the blackjack.
    The way I see it, I want to go home with more stuff
    than I arrived with.

    > I admit I know nothing of mission building so have no clue
    > how hard it would be to have a utility to perform that
    > function.

    Since I've started learning dromed, my respect for
    those that do FMs has increased measurably.
    (Well, except for a few of them that act like jerks)
  32. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:46:48 -0700, "Mos" <Not@YourHouse> wrote:

    >"Geneve" <a@n.com> wrote in message

    >>><sigh> dromed won't let me !
    >>>

    >> I still say it would be nice to have a 3rd party mission
    >> tweaker to alter the values of fan missions as far as
    >> Garrets equipment goes.
    >
    >Umm....mom ! Geneve's trying to cheat !
    >Try using the money cheat at the beginning...if there
    >is a store in that FM.
    >I try to get through missions using only the blackjack.
    >The way I see it, I want to go home with more stuff
    >than I arrived with.

    The real question is if you use a water arrow in a mission and by chance
    it just sits there so you can pick it up again, do you grab it or leave
    it?

    I agree though. If I have a BJ and a Rope arrow, I'm happy.

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

    On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:46:48 -0700 Mos said :

    >> Garrets equipment goes.
    >
    >Umm....mom ! Geneve's trying to cheat !
    >Try using the money cheat at the beginning...if there
    >is a store in that FM.

    With the cheating it opens up areas of the level that I might not
    otherwise get to see. Some of the work is pretty wild. But if Garret
    gets killed off way early because of the lack of equipment/thieving
    experience then the mission level gets unoticed as wel as the hard work
    the planner put in to the level.

    Well at least for some of us out there.

    As far as the memory cheat. That one gets by Me. I have never heard
    of that cheat. So know nothing about it.

    --
    "If confused why this or that is going on."
    "I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Original thread was : Re: T2X Trailer is out!

    On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:31:37 -0600 Michael Cecil said :

    >I agree though. If I have a BJ and a Rope arrow, I'm happy.

    The biggest rub I have is when the sword carrying characters
    get to nail Garret 3 or 4 or even as mch as 5 times to His
    One swing.

    I know some of you know what I mean but for the casual reader
    I will expand a tiny bit here.

    I am referring to the idea that Garret is trying to hit with His
    sord as fast and as many times as possible. Inbetween Garrets
    fastest swing/hits the other guy gets in the unbalanced amount of
    hits.

    If those actions are allowed then why not make haling potions
    etc real available through out the level. The player can still
    make the choice of wether or not to make use of the extra goods.

    I see the limiting in several of these missions more in the light
    of punish the cheater possibly?

    Oh I know it's most often not intended to be looked at like that.
    However the level investigation of all the hard work gets ignored
    when the player or players can get ultimately turned off due to
    inventory restrictions.

    Take for instance the mission of "A Night in the Pub"

    It did not take long for Garrets health points in the start to
    get to near nothing at all.

    After a few choice words and quiting the program and then later coming
    back to it with a few mnore choice thoughts of Ok you <blank> lets try
    this again.

    On my second attempt I took a risk to see what would happen. I ran
    and jumped over the bar and ran in to the kitchen. Grabbed the
    deer leg cooking over the fire.

    At that time Garret had taken a few hits. So lets make Garret eat the
    Deer leg.

    Nada nothing.. No health help at all. was this intentional?

    Again I know nothing about level creation so I am hoping that I am not
    trashing the author of the level here. I simply do not know if this was
    left out for a reason or what have you.

    After the effort of getting the leg you sure would have expected to
    be given the reward of health points.

    Again I hope the author is not getting pissed at my writing here. The
    front of the tavern looked real cool. I like the burrock heads etc.

    However in that level it might have been nice to have more moss arrows
    as well as healing potions.

    I think I completed the mission with 6 health points left.

    Hmmm I think I am running out of steam for writing here.

    Perhaps will write more later on....

    --
    "If confused why this or that is going on."
    "I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
  35. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Michael Cecil" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:46:48 -0700, "Mos" <Not@YourHouse>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>"Geneve" <a@n.com> wrote in message

    >>> I still say it would be nice to have a 3rd party
    >>> mission tweaker to alter the values of fan missions as
    >>> far as Garrets equipment goes.
    >>
    >>Umm....mom ! Geneve's trying to cheat !
    >>Try using the money cheat at the beginning...if there
    >>is a store in that FM.
    >>I try to get through missions using only the blackjack.
    >>The way I see it, I want to go home with more stuff
    >>than I arrived with.
    >
    > The real question is if you use a water arrow in a
    > mission and by chance it just sits there so you can pick
    > it up again, do you grab it or leave it?

    I take everything that isn't tied down, even if I don't
    use nor need it. And if there's not enough to steal,
    I break their windows, walk all over the beds, and
    leave the doors open. If I could pee in the tubs
    (that are for some strange reason often full of water)
    I'd do that, too. All that's left to do is kick the house
    and burn down the dog.....

    > I agree though. If I have a BJ and a Rope arrow, I'm
    > happy.

    > --
    > Michael Cecil
    > http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    > http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
  36. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    > On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:46:48 -0700 Mos said :
    >>
    >>> Garrets equipment goes.
    >>
    >>Umm....mom ! Geneve's trying to cheat !
    >>Try using the money cheat at the beginning...if there
    >>is a store in that FM.
    >

    > With the cheating it opens up areas of the level that I
    > might not otherwise get to see. Some of the work is
    > pretty wild. But if Garret gets killed off way early
    > because of the lack of equipment/thieving experience then
    > the mission level gets unoticed as wel as the hard work
    > the planner put in to the level.
    >
    > Well at least for some of us out there.
    >
    > As far as the memory cheat. That one gets by Me. I have
    > never heard of that cheat. So know nothing about it.

    Money cheat.
    You can give yourself loot by adding the line "cash_bonus" to your
    "user.cfg."

    If set to an integer, its value is added to your loot total for loadout
    purposes.

    With 'cash_bonus 3000' added to your user.cfg file, go

    into the game. When you get to the "Loadout" screen,

    immediately hit ESC, then SAVE, then quit back to the Desktop.

    You'll return to the Loadout screen, and another 3000 gold

    will be added to your purse.

    Repeat until you have as much gold as you want/need!

    There should be a section that looks like this:

    ;For starting loot, uncomment and modify the number
    ;on the next line.
    cash_bonus 3000
  37. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

> [...]
    >
    > At that time Garret had taken a few hits. So lets make
    > Garret eat the Deer leg.
    >
    > Nada nothing.. No health help at all. was this
    > intentional?
    >
    > Again I know nothing about level creation so I am hoping
    > that I am not trashing the author of the level here. I
    > simply do not know if this was left out for a reason or
    > what have you.
    >
    > After the effort of getting the leg you sure would have
    > expected to
    > be given the reward of health points.
    >
    > Again I hope the author is not getting pissed at my
    > writing here. The front of the tavern looked real cool. I
    > like the burrock heads etc.
    >
    > However in that level it might have been nice to have
    > more moss arrows as well as healing potions.
    >
    > I think I completed the mission with 6 health points left.
    >
    > Hmmm I think I am running out of steam for writing here.

    You might not like me at all.
    In the first two FMs I'm working on, you have
    no sword. Kills are not allowed.
    Like they said in Monty Python and the Holy Grail:
    "Run away, run away !"

    Something that works for me, if I have to fight,
    is NEVER fight more than one foe. Also, I
    keep moving (strafe) towards my left, circling
    them, whacking as I go.
    More than one foe, I run like the dickens, looking
    for a hole to jump into, a ladder to climb, or ledge
    to get onto. It helps to keep a rope arrow hanging
    off something....just in case. Certainly not ghosting.
  38. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 21:05:30 -0700 Mos said :

    >off something....just in case. Certainly not ghosting.

    Yah guess it is time to revert to reading thru and thru
    the missions and if it does not meet my type then for sure
    it is a level to purge from my system without haste.

    Maybe time for a levels I hate kind of web page is in order.

    --
    "If confused why this or that is going on."
    "I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
  39. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Geneve" <a@n.com> wrote in message news:d2hu5l01d0e@drn.newsguy.com...

    > The biggest rub I have is when the sword carrying characters
    > get to nail Garret 3 or 4 or even as mch as 5 times to His
    > One swing.
    >
    > I know some of you know what I mean but for the casual reader
    > I will expand a tiny bit here.
    >
    > I am referring to the idea that Garret is trying to hit with His
    > sord as fast and as many times as possible. Inbetween Garrets
    > fastest swing/hits the other guy gets in the unbalanced amount of
    > hits.

    That's because they are fighters, thus expert in the skills of using their
    swords. Garrett is a thief and so isn't skillful at sword fighting. That
    they get three or four strikes in to Garrett's one reflects their relative
    fighting abilities.

    Likewise, the guards are no good at hiding or moving around quietly, where
    as Garrett is.

    The Thief games aren't about fighting (that's why I like them so much).
    They're about not getting seen or heard. Use Garrett's strengths to
    succeeed, not his weaknesses.

    JJ (UK)
  40. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 23:14:48 GMT UK\ said :

    >succeeed, not his weaknesses.
    >
    >JJ (UK)

    <smirk>

    You're not helping any here.

    This is not a solve.

    More over mostly extra frustration could swing people in to being

    Anti-Thief gaming.

    --
    "If confused why this or that is going on."
    "I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
  41. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Geneve" <a@n.com> wrote in message news:d2iiaa0b00@drn.newsguy.com...
    > You're not helping any here.

    Yes, I am.

    > This is not a solve.

    Yes, it is. Thief isn't about fighting. So don't fight. Sneak around.
    Blackjack the guards from behind when they're not aware of your presence.
    Anything except confront them with the sword that Garrett is no good at
    using!

    If you find yourself in a sword fight, you've gone wrong. Just press Escape,
    then reload the last saved game.

    > More over mostly extra frustration could swing people in to being
    >
    > Anti-Thief gaming.

    Well, it might swing YOU in to 'Anti-Thief gaming' - whatever that is.
    Everyone else seems to be happy with the concept of the game being about a
    THIEF rather than a FIGHTER...

    JJ (UK)
  42. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Mika Latokartano wrote:

    > The T2X website can be found at www.thief2x.com. The trailer is also
    > available there. Whee :)
    >
    > - Mika L

    How about a Bittorrent for it? Much less painful way to distribute a 33
    MB file. I can help keep the torrent running for quite a while, too, as
    I generally don't use much of my outgoing bandwidth. Maybe I'll make a
    ..torrent once it's all downloaded.

    Obj
  43. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 08:46:56 GMT UK\ said :

    >Everyone else seems to be happy with the concept of the game being about a
    >THIEF rather than a FIGHTER...
    >
    >JJ (UK)

    Bah Humbug. Let's not get religious here so to speak.

    I see another side of the coin that does not seem to want
    to post messages to this group.

    Comment Heard : "Since I paid for Thief I should be allowed to
    play it any way I want to without anyone telling me otherwise!"

    Comment Heard : "Playing Thief has improved some of my sneaking/sniping
    skills in other games. Some of my friends are wondering how come my scores
    are higher than theirs. I tell them simply, I hide in the bushes a lot
    more. When one comes by, I take him out. Then I can move onto the next
    check point."

    I still like to plunk back into a brawl in the tombs and play havoc
    with the zombies, hammerites, guards and mechanists. Oh lets not
    forget the haunts. (haunts question later..)

    The sewers, what a wild thing to make use of. Sure was a lot of
    fun sneaking in to that locked dead hammerits section and getting
    that door to open up and watching the dead and live hammerites
    fight it out.

    Looting was a bonus. HA! However at times I got sloppy and got chased
    out of there so I just led them to the guards that were firing Holy
    Water arrows. Just run around the area for awhile and eventually they
    kill off the dead hammerites.

    In the Brawl mission. In the mechanists area. There is a double door.
    Is that meant to be accessed some how ?

    I get confused. Haunts <= Are these the ghostly like dead? Or does the
    term include them as well as the dead hammerites ?

    "If confused why this or that is going on."
    "I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
  44. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Geneve" <a@n.com> wrote in message news:d38a5002q6b@drn.newsguy.com...
    > On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 08:46:56 GMT UK\ said :
    >>
    >>Everyone else seems to be happy with the concept of the game being about a
    >>THIEF rather than a FIGHTER...
    >>
    >>JJ (UK)
    >
    > Bah Humbug. Let's not get religious here so to speak.
    >

    > I see another side of the coin that does not seem to want
    > to post messages to this group.
    >

    > Comment Heard : "Since I paid for Thief I should be allowed to
    > play it any way I want to without anyone telling me otherwise!"

    Yeah, you can play it anyway you like but those who build missions aren't
    obliged to design their scenarios to cater to your preferred style.

    There's a place for games that are agnostic to a wide variety of playing
    styles - Deus Ex was one, RPG's in general. Thief isn't one of them and I
    don't blame the map designers for not wanting to clutter their maps with
    healing potions and killer arrows and other stuff that simply contradict the
    stealthy theme of the game.

    It's true that maps can sometimes get frustrating, especially when you're
    stuck on some puzzle aspect of the level and need to search for a key you
    think you might have missed on the other side of the map with hundreds of
    guards in the way and you have to sneak. Partly, I blame the lack of cheat
    codes for this but mostly I think that hunt-for-the-key type of puzzles are
    a bad match for the Thief game in the first place. (Not that I really like
    'em in any game to be truthful but it always feels particularly out of place
    in a Thief game.) Assuming though you have a map where the objectives are
    reasonably clear and the player is allowed to focus on HOW to get to the
    objective (rather than WHERE the objective is), I expect a good Thief map to
    have a reasonable infiltration path that involves no fighting, no killing
    and no witnessing, so I don't need or want healing potions, flashbombs
    scattered like breadcrumbs around. Sure, you can say you don't HAVE to use
    them but the fact remains that they send a mixed message about what the
    player's really supposed to be doing.

    I'd say if you have to do this sort of thing, I'd say get it out of the way
    at the "thief store" part of the game where the immersion aspect is low
    anyway - just put up a bunch of flashbombs. potions, etc. up for sale but
    little or no money to buy them with. Those who really want to Doom through a
    leval can just use the money cheat and stock up, but map when played
    normally still retains its Thief flavor.

    > I get confused. Haunts <= Are these the ghostly like dead? Or does the
    > term include them as well as the dead hammerites ?

    Haunts == dead hammerites with skull faces.
    Apparitions == the translucent backward-talking ghosts.
  45. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 04:27:46 GMT SpammersDie said :

    >stuck on some puzzle aspect of the level and need to search for a key you

    Yeah sometimes the puzzles go to far.

    One thing I would like to see if they can change is in the area of
    everyone in the mission is out to kill Garret. This can be annoying
    when it is over used when Garret has not done anything yet or that
    the game gives no history as to why he is in deep doo doo.

    >but map when played
    >normally still retains its Thief flavor.

    There werer a lot of missions that one can get emersed in.

    In T:DS the shallbrige. I did not want to complete the level.
    It was spooky. Plain spooky... I still avoid that level and
    I am sorry but that one I want a lot of moss arrows or anything
    to help. (grin)

    >> I get confused. Haunts <= Are these the ghostly like dead? Or does the
    >> term include them as well as the dead hammerites ?
    >
    >Haunts == dead hammerites with skull faces.
    >Apparitions == the translucent backward-talking ghosts.

    Thank you for this information.

    For Thief 2. The sound effects for Brall in the Tombs makes for a really
    wild ride. A couple areas seeem to large but I think the author of the
    level did a really interesting mission. It's pretty cool ...

    One thing I would like to see stabilized is the below :

    (1) Loaves of Bread
    (2) Apples
    (3) Cucumbers
    (4) Cheese
    (5) Deer Leg

    Breads, Cheeses, Deer Legs
    --------------------------
    More health and maybe Garret saying something like He cant eat more
    right now because he is full... ?

    Apples, Cucumbers
    -----------------
    When you hear a crunch. Depending if Garret it near enough to someone
    walking around Him to hear from them "What was that?" etc...

    For T:DS I would like the ability to heal an Ally. Perhaps if allowed
    to pickup a wand or whatever for ohh I dunno a single use ?

    Also for T:DS I would like to be able to pick up weapons like hammers,
    swords, bows etc so that I could clean up are area if I black jacked
    some one and I want to hide what I did.

    --
    "If confused why this or that is going on."
    "I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
  46. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    SpammersDie wrote:
    (snip)I think that hunt-for-the-key type of puzzles are
    > a bad match for the Thief game in the first place.(snip)

    I agree with that also. IF Garret is suppose to be a master thief,
    what does he need keys for anyway?
    Albert
  47. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    > SpammersDie wrote:
    > (snip)I think that hunt-for-the-key type of puzzles are
    >> a bad match for the Thief game in the first place.(snip)
    >
    > I agree with that also. IF Garret is suppose to be a
    > master thief, what does he need keys for anyway?
    > Albert

    To lock AIs in places so he won't be bothered
    with them any more.
  48. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Mos wrote:

    > "Albert Conklin" <aconklin@satx.rr.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>SpammersDie wrote:
    >>(snip)I think that hunt-for-the-key type of puzzles are
    >>
    >>>a bad match for the Thief game in the first place.(snip)
    >>
    >> I agree with that also. IF Garret is suppose to be a
    >>master thief, what does he need keys for anyway?
    >>Albert
    >

    > To lock AIs in places so he won't be bothered
    > with them any more.

    Now that would be nice. :-)
    Albert
  49. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    > Mos wrote:
    >
    >> "Albert Conklin" <aconklin@satx.rr.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>SpammersDie wrote:
    >>>(snip)I think that hunt-for-the-key type of puzzles are

    >>> I agree with that also. IF Garret is suppose to be a
    >>>master thief, what does he need keys for anyway?
    >>>Albert
    >>

    >> To lock AIs in places so he won't be bothered
    >> with them any more.
    >>

    > Now that would be nice. :-)
    > Albert

    I do it often. Lead them on a merry chase into
    the area that I have a key for, and on my way
    out, frob the key on the door, it closes, locked
    behind me, and they stand their with their thumbs
    up their.....nose.

Video Games