T2X Trailer is out!

Last response: in Video Games
March 28, 2005 11:06:41 PM

For those of you who don't know this already, a huge Thief FM campaign
called T2X: Shadows of the Metal Age has been in development for over four
years (yup), and now the wait is nearly over as the release date draws near.
To wet out appetites the T2X team has released a trailer, and it's really
something to see.

T2X is a completely new,*massive* 13-mission (and not teeny-weeny missions
either, but huge ones) campaign, with a new protagonist, new enemies, new
weapons, custom cinematics and cut-scenes, voice acting, etc. In essence,
it's a completely new, full-blown Thief game. And we're getting it for
free, which is something I still cannot believe. I'd be willing to pay good
money for it. It's a new Thief-game, for cryin' out loud!

Find the trailer at http://thiefmissions.com/t2x/t2x_trailer_divx.zip, and
enjoy. Although the T3Ed is now out, the Dromed is far from obsolete.
Looks fantastic, I cannot wait to play it!

The T2X website can be found at www.thief2x.com. The trailer is also
available there. Whee :)

- Mika L

More about : t2x trailer

March 28, 2005 11:06:42 PM

"Mika Latokartano"
<mika.latokartano@REMOVETHIS.kolumbus.fi.invalid> wrote in

<snip>

> Find the trailer at
> http://thiefmissions.com/t2x/t2x_trailer_divx.zip, and
> enjoy. Although the T3Ed is now out, the Dromed is far
> from obsolete. Looks fantastic, I cannot wait to play it!

33.47 megs.
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 11:06:42 PM

Mika Latokartano wrote:
> For those of you who don't know this already, a huge Thief FM campaign
> called T2X: Shadows of the Metal Age has been in development for over
> four years (yup), and now the wait is nearly over as the release date
> draws near. To wet out appetites the T2X team has released a trailer,
> and it's really something to see.
>
> T2X is a completely new,*massive* 13-mission (and not teeny-weeny
> missions either, but huge ones) campaign, with a new protagonist, new
> enemies, new weapons, custom cinematics and cut-scenes, voice acting,
> etc. In essence, it's a completely new, full-blown Thief game. And
> we're getting it for free, which is something I still cannot believe.
> I'd be willing to pay good money for it. It's a new Thief-game, for
> cryin' out loud!
>
> Find the trailer at http://thiefmissions.com/t2x/t2x_trailer_divx.zip,
> and enjoy. Although the T3Ed is now out, the Dromed is far from
> obsolete. Looks fantastic, I cannot wait to play it!
>
> The T2X website can be found at www.thief2x.com. The trailer is also
> available there. Whee :)
>
> - Mika L

incase anyone is wondering, it's worth the download...

I've just watched it and i'm squeeling like a little girly with excitment!

YOU CAN DECAPITATE ZOMBIES!

and from the looks of things some kind of gas arrow that sends enemies
into confusion and makes them attack each other!!

and it just looks very very lush indeed.

Daniel.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !

in message news:D 29a2l$ilu$1@phys-news1.kolumbus.fi...
> For those of you who don't know this already, a huge Thief FM campaign
> called T2X: Shadows of the Metal Age has been in development for over four
> years (yup), and now the wait is nearly over as the release date draws
near.
> To wet out appetites the T2X team has released a trailer, and it's really
> something to see.
>
> T2X is a completely new,*massive* 13-mission (and not teeny-weeny missions
> either, but huge ones) campaign, with a new protagonist, new enemies, new
> weapons, custom cinematics and cut-scenes, voice acting, etc. In essence,
> it's a completely new, full-blown Thief game. And we're getting it for
> free, which is something I still cannot believe. I'd be willing to pay
good
> money for it. It's a new Thief-game, for cryin' out loud!
>
> Find the trailer at http://thiefmissions.com/t2x/t2x_trailer_divx.zip, and
> enjoy. Although the T3Ed is now out, the Dromed is far from obsolete.
> Looks fantastic, I cannot wait to play it!
>
> The T2X website can be found at www.thief2x.com. The trailer is also
> available there. Whee :)
>
> - Mika L

Oh!

Wow!

OhMyGodOhMyGodOhMyGodOhMyGodOhMyGodOhMyGod
OhMyGodOhMyGodOhMyGodOhMyGod!

JJ (UK)
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 11:06:43 PM

> incase anyone is wondering, it's worth the download...

It definitely is mate.

> I've just watched it and i'm squeeling like a little girly with excitment!
>
> YOU CAN DECAPITATE ZOMBIES!
>
> and from the looks of things some kind of gas arrow that sends enemies
> into confusion and makes them attack each other!!
>
> and it just looks very very lush indeed.
>
> Daniel.

This trailer is fantastic, can't wait, this got to be the best since sliced
bread as they say or more since Thief 2 came out!
Thanks a lot to everybody involved, I gotta go now and howl at the moon in
anticipation.

--
Barnaby
Anonymous

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 09:12:33 -0700 Mos said :

>33.47 megs.

Its getting reposted in smaller rar segments so dial ups
have a shot at getting the file in stages........

--
"If confused why this or that is going on."
"I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"

On 28 Mar 2005 17:49:39 -0800 Geneve said :

>On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 09:12:33 -0700 Mos said :
>>
>>33.47 megs.
>>

>Its getting reposted in smaller rar segments so dial ups
>have a shot at getting the file in stages........

The smaller file set of rars for that zip look to be complete.

SO if any one has web friends that are on dial up they can get
the files in stages.

Geneve

--
"If confused why this or that is going on."
"I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
March 29, 2005 11:57:38 AM

"Geneve" <a@n.com> wrote in message
news:D 2alpb03bu@drn.newsguy.com
> On 28 Mar 2005 17:49:39 -0800 Geneve said :
>>
>>On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 09:12:33 -0700 Mos said :
>>>
>>>33.47 megs.
>>>

>>Its getting reposted in smaller rar segments so dial ups
>>have a shot at getting the file in stages........
>>

> The smaller file set of rars for that zip look to be
> complete.
>
> SO if any one has web friends that are on dial up they
> can get the files in stages.
>
> Geneve

I downloaded the 33 meg one.
Thing was, when I played it, just music and sounds, no pic.
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 3:50:48 PM

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 07:57:38 -0700 Mos said :

>"Geneve" <a@n.com> wrote in message
>news:D 2alpb03bu@drn.newsguy.com

>>>Its getting reposted in smaller rar segments so dial ups
>>>have a shot at getting the file in stages........
>>>

>> The smaller file set of rars for that zip look to be
>> complete.
>>
>> SO if any one has web friends that are on dial up they
>> can get the files in stages.
>>
>> Geneve
>
>I downloaded the 33 meg one.
>Thing was, when I played it, just music and sounds, no pic.

If no video then it was a codec issue.

Let me know if you need some help.

--
"If confused why this or that is going on."
"I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
March 29, 2005 5:20:10 PM

"Geneve" <a@n.com> wrote in message
news:D 2cbio02kr8@drn.newsguy.com
> On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 07:57:38 -0700 Mos said :
>>

>>"Geneve" <a@n.com> wrote in message
>>news:D 2alpb03bu@drn.newsguy.com

>>> The smaller file set of rars for that zip look to be
>>> complete.
>>>
>>> SO if any one has web friends that are on dial up they
>>> can get the files in stages.
>>>
>>> Geneve
>>
>>I downloaded the 33 meg one.
>>Thing was, when I played it, just music and sounds, no
>>pic.
>>
> If no video then it was a codec issue.
>
> Let me know if you need some help.

.......you mean with the codec thing ?
Your last statement distracted me and my
mind went on to something else.
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 8:56:08 PM

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 13:20:10 -0700 Mos said :

.......you mean with the codec thing ?
>Your last statement distracted me and my
>mind went on to something else.

You're a character......

:)

--
"If confused why this or that is going on."
"I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
March 29, 2005 10:13:35 PM

> I downloaded the 33 meg one.
> Thing was, when I played it, just music and sounds, no pic.

Did you install divx codecs.

rms
March 29, 2005 10:13:36 PM

"rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
>> I downloaded the 33 meg one.
>> Thing was, when I played it, just music and sounds, no
>> pic.
>
> Did you install divx codecs.
>
> rms

Uh............................no.
Figured it would work on the regular media player.
Thanks for mentioning it.
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 10:13:37 PM

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 12:19:47 -0700 Mos said :

>"rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
>>> I downloaded the 33 meg one.
>>> Thing was, when I played it, just music and sounds, no
>>> pic.
>>
>> Did you install divx codecs.
>>
>> rms
>
>Uh............................no.
>Figured it would work on the regular media player.
>Thanks for mentioning it.

BSplayer is better than windows media player for avi files.

--
"If confused why this or that is going on."
"I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
March 29, 2005 10:24:03 PM

Crossposting from alt.games.thief-dark-project:

> For those of you who don't know this already, a huge Thief FM campaign
> called T2X: Shadows of the Metal Age has been in development for over four
> years (yup), and now the wait is nearly over as the release date draws
> near. To wet out appetites the T2X team has released a trailer, and it's
> really something to see.
>
> T2X is a completely new,*massive* 13-mission (and not teeny-weeny missions
> either, but huge ones) campaign, with a new protagonist, new enemies, new
> weapons, custom cinematics and cut-scenes, voice acting, etc. In essence,
> it's a completely new, full-blown Thief game. And we're getting it for
> free, which is something I still cannot believe. I'd be willing to pay
> good money for it. It's a new Thief-game, for cryin' out loud!
>
> Find the trailer at http://thiefmissions.com/t2x/t2x_trailer_divx.zip, and
> enjoy. Although the T3Ed is now out, the Dromed is far from obsolete.
> Looks fantastic, I cannot wait to play it!
>
> The T2X website can be found at www.thief2x.com. The trailer is also
> available there. Whee :)
>
> - Mika L

rms
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 12:32:20 AM

> Uh............................no.
> Figured it would work on the regular media player.
> Thanks for mentioning it.

It does work on the regular media player.... as long as you have the divx
codecs installed :)

www.divx.com
March 30, 2005 12:32:21 AM

"Paul Harris" <paul@NO-SPAMmonkeyland.demon.co.uk> wrote in
message news:D 2cadn$d8f$1@domitilla.aioe.org
>> Uh............................no.
>> Figured it would work on the regular media player.
>> Thanks for mentioning it.
>
> It does work on the regular media player.... as long as
> you have the divx codecs installed :)
>
> www.divx.com

Thanks for the URL.
March 30, 2005 12:32:21 AM

"Paul Harris" <paul@NO-SPAMmonkeyland.demon.co.uk> wrote in
message news:D 2cadn$d8f$1@domitilla.aioe.org
>> Uh............................no.
>> Figured it would work on the regular media player.
>> Thanks for mentioning it.
>
> It does work on the regular media player.... as long as
> you have the divx codecs installed :)
>
> www.divx.com

Outstanding.
Mika said it was free. I agree with him, I'd pay for it.
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 12:32:22 AM

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 18:13:53 -0700 Mos said :

>> It does work on the regular media player.... as long as
>> you have the divx codecs installed :)
>>
>> www.divx.com
>
>Outstanding.
>Mika said it was free. I agree with him, I'd pay for it.

If you are talking DivX here. I paid for it.

The rub is in my case the beast unless you have a fire wall installed.
It keeps wanting to call out to the internet even though your paid
number works fine.

Well thats whats going on with my end any ways.

Any program that opens the thing boom tries calling out to the divx people.

very annoying till I put each program in to my firewall to auto block the beast.

Calls to the techs got ignored..... Nice huh. You pay for the codec and
tech support wont reply to the issue.

--
"If confused why this or that is going on."
"I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
March 30, 2005 1:13:30 AM

"Geneve" <a@n.com> wrote in message
news:D 2cvr501nt0@drn.newsguy.com
> On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 18:13:53 -0700 Mos said :
>>
>>> It does work on the regular media player.... as long as
>>> you have the divx codecs installed :)
>>>
>>> www.divx.com
>>
>>Outstanding.
>>Mika said it was free. I agree with him, I'd pay for it.
>>

> If you are talking DivX here. I paid for it.

I was way too vague. I was commenting on the trailer.
My apologies.

> The rub is in my case the beast unless you have a fire
> wall installed.
> It keeps wanting to call out to the internet even though
> your paid
> number works fine.
>
> Well thats whats going on with my end any ways.
>
> Any program that opens the thing boom tries calling out
> to the divx people.
>
> very annoying till I put each program in to my firewall
> to auto block the beast.
>
> Calls to the techs got ignored..... Nice huh. You pay for
> the codec and
> tech support wont reply to the issue.
>

> --
> "If confused why this or that is going on."
> "I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
March 30, 2005 1:14:57 AM

"Geneve" <a@n.com> wrote in message
news:D 2ctf801g96@drn.newsguy.com
> On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 13:20:10 -0700 Mos said :
>>
> ......you mean with the codec thing ?
>>Your last statement distracted me and my
>>mind went on to something else.
>>

> You're a character......
>
> :)

And I can cook.
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 6:03:52 AM

Mos wrote:

> "Geneve" <a@n.com> wrote in message
> news:D 2alpb03bu@drn.newsguy.com

>>>Its getting reposted in smaller rar segments so dial ups
>>>have a shot at getting the file in stages........
>>>

>>The smaller file set of rars for that zip look to be
>>complete.
>>
>>SO if any one has web friends that are on dial up they
>>can get the files in stages.
>>
>>Geneve
>

> I downloaded the 33 meg one.
> Thing was, when I played it, just music and sounds, no pic.

the picture worked just fine for me, but most of it was very very dark.
They should of turned up the brightness a bit in order to see more of it.
Albert
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 6:03:53 AM

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 02:03:52 GMT Albert Conklin said :

>the picture worked just fine for me, but most of it was very very dark.
>They should of turned up the brightness a bit in order to see more of it.
>Albert

I know what you mean.

If you bump in to the wrong sort all they do is counter with
it is called "The Dark Project" or some varient.

--
"If confused why this or that is going on."
"I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 1:22:11 PM

"Albert Conklin" <aconklin@satx.rr.com> kirjoitti
viestissä:cOn2e.23056$ot.18475@tornado.texas.rr.com...

> the picture worked just fine for me, but most of it was very very dark.
> They should of turned up the brightness a bit in order to see more of it.
> Albert

That can also be related to your particular graphics card, driver version,
display type and its settings. But granted, it is a bit on the dark side.
Start out with a darkened room, and then what you can do, is adjust the
brightness and the contrast with the Media Player's video settings (at least
on WinXP, latest Media Player) to a level of your liking.

- Mika L
..
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 2:42:02 PM

"Albert Conklin" <aconklin@satx.rr.com> wrote in message

> the picture worked just fine for me, but most of it was very very dark.
> They should of turned up the brightness a bit in order to see more of it.
> Albert

Most likely related to your grafx card/monitor etc. setup or your gamma
settings, like Mika said.
Wasn't too dark here.

Try a decent player like Crystalplayer or JetAudio that lets you adjust
these settings easily.

--

Barnaby
Anonymous

Mika Latokartano wrote:

> "Albert Conklin" <aconklin@satx.rr.com> kirjoitti
> viestissä:cOn2e.23056$ot.18475@tornado.texas.rr.com...
>
>> the picture worked just fine for me, but most of it was very very
>> dark. They should of turned up the brightness a bit in order to see
>> more of it.
>> Albert
>

> That can also be related to your particular graphics card, driver
> version, display type and its settings. But granted, it is a bit on the
> dark side. Start out with a darkened room, and then what you can do, is
> adjust the brightness and the contrast with the Media Player's video
> settings (at least on WinXP, latest Media Player) to a level of your
> liking.
>
> - Mika L
> .
Never new I could do that. I guess I will have to play with Media
Player's settings. I use WinXP and Media Player 9, I think. Haven't felt
like upgrading it.
Thanks for the advice.
Albert
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 5:33:35 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

Whahoo! This seemed to be in limbo for so long I thought it had died. Will
keep me going until some T3 missions appear.
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 5:45:16 PM

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 10:42:02 GMT Barnaby said :

>Try a decent player like Crystalplayer or JetAudio that lets you adjust
>these settings easily.
>
>--
>
>Barnaby

Have yet to see that name of a player..

I am using mostly bsplayer for avis and media player for mpegs

--
"If confused why this or that is going on."
"I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
March 31, 2005 5:28:29 AM

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 21:14:57 -0700, Mos wrote:

>>>Your last statement distracted me and my
>>>mind went on to something else.
>>>

>> You're a character......
>>
>> :)
>
> And I can cook.

And you really need to get out more ;)
March 31, 2005 12:01:43 PM

"Mike" <mdh@deadspam.com> wrote in message

>>> You're a character......
>>>
>>> :)
>>
>> And I can cook.
>
> And you really need to get out more ;)

<sigh> dromed won't let me !
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 1:49:18 PM

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 08:01:43 -0700 Mos said :

>> And you really need to get out more ;)
>
><sigh> dromed won't let me !

I still say it would be nice to have a 3rd party mission
tweaker to alter the values of fan missions as far as
Garrets equipment goes.

I admit I know nothing of mission building so have no clue
how hard it would be to have a utility to perform that
function.

--
"If confused why this or that is going on."
"I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
March 31, 2005 3:46:48 PM

"Geneve" <a@n.com> wrote in message
news:D 2hd6u02f1m@drn.newsguy.com
> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 08:01:43 -0700 Mos said :
>>
>>> And you really need to get out more ;)
>>
>><sigh> dromed won't let me !
>>

> I still say it would be nice to have a 3rd party mission
> tweaker to alter the values of fan missions as far as
> Garrets equipment goes.

Umm....mom ! Geneve's trying to cheat !
Try using the money cheat at the beginning...if there
is a store in that FM.
I try to get through missions using only the blackjack.
The way I see it, I want to go home with more stuff
than I arrived with.

> I admit I know nothing of mission building so have no clue
> how hard it would be to have a utility to perform that
> function.

Since I've started learning dromed, my respect for
those that do FMs has increased measurably.
(Well, except for a few of them that act like jerks)
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 5:31:37 PM

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:46:48 -0700, "Mos" <Not@YourHouse> wrote:

>"Geneve" <a@n.com> wrote in message
>news:D 2hd6u02f1m@drn.newsguy.com

>>><sigh> dromed won't let me !
>>>

>> I still say it would be nice to have a 3rd party mission
>> tweaker to alter the values of fan missions as far as
>> Garrets equipment goes.
>
>Umm....mom ! Geneve's trying to cheat !
>Try using the money cheat at the beginning...if there
>is a store in that FM.
>I try to get through missions using only the blackjack.
>The way I see it, I want to go home with more stuff
>than I arrived with.

The real question is if you use a water arrow in a mission and by chance
it just sits there so you can pick it up again, do you grab it or leave
it?

I agree though. If I have a BJ and a Rope arrow, I'm happy.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:46:48 -0700 Mos said :

>> Garrets equipment goes.
>
>Umm....mom ! Geneve's trying to cheat !
>Try using the money cheat at the beginning...if there
>is a store in that FM.

With the cheating it opens up areas of the level that I might not
otherwise get to see. Some of the work is pretty wild. But if Garret
gets killed off way early because of the lack of equipment/thieving
experience then the mission level gets unoticed as wel as the hard work
the planner put in to the level.

Well at least for some of us out there.

As far as the memory cheat. That one gets by Me. I have never heard
of that cheat. So know nothing about it.

--
"If confused why this or that is going on."
"I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 6:38:45 PM

Original thread was : Re: T2X Trailer is out!

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:31:37 -0600 Michael Cecil said :

>I agree though. If I have a BJ and a Rope arrow, I'm happy.

The biggest rub I have is when the sword carrying characters
get to nail Garret 3 or 4 or even as mch as 5 times to His
One swing.

I know some of you know what I mean but for the casual reader
I will expand a tiny bit here.

I am referring to the idea that Garret is trying to hit with His
sord as fast and as many times as possible. Inbetween Garrets
fastest swing/hits the other guy gets in the unbalanced amount of
hits.

If those actions are allowed then why not make haling potions
etc real available through out the level. The player can still
make the choice of wether or not to make use of the extra goods.

I see the limiting in several of these missions more in the light
of punish the cheater possibly?

Oh I know it's most often not intended to be looked at like that.
However the level investigation of all the hard work gets ignored
when the player or players can get ultimately turned off due to
inventory restrictions.

Take for instance the mission of "A Night in the Pub"

It did not take long for Garrets health points in the start to
get to near nothing at all.

After a few choice words and quiting the program and then later coming
back to it with a few mnore choice thoughts of Ok you <blank> lets try
this again.

On my second attempt I took a risk to see what would happen. I ran
and jumped over the bar and ran in to the kitchen. Grabbed the
deer leg cooking over the fire.

At that time Garret had taken a few hits. So lets make Garret eat the
Deer leg.

Nada nothing.. No health help at all. was this intentional?

Again I know nothing about level creation so I am hoping that I am not
trashing the author of the level here. I simply do not know if this was
left out for a reason or what have you.

After the effort of getting the leg you sure would have expected to
be given the reward of health points.

Again I hope the author is not getting pissed at my writing here. The
front of the tavern looked real cool. I like the burrock heads etc.

However in that level it might have been nice to have more moss arrows
as well as healing potions.

I think I completed the mission with 6 health points left.

Hmmm I think I am running out of steam for writing here.

Perhaps will write more later on....

--
"If confused why this or that is going on."
"I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
March 31, 2005 7:23:48 PM

"Michael Cecil" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:46:48 -0700, "Mos" <Not@YourHouse>
> wrote:
>
>>"Geneve" <a@n.com> wrote in message
>>news:D 2hd6u02f1m@drn.newsguy.com

>>> I still say it would be nice to have a 3rd party
>>> mission tweaker to alter the values of fan missions as
>>> far as Garrets equipment goes.
>>
>>Umm....mom ! Geneve's trying to cheat !
>>Try using the money cheat at the beginning...if there
>>is a store in that FM.
>>I try to get through missions using only the blackjack.
>>The way I see it, I want to go home with more stuff
>>than I arrived with.
>
> The real question is if you use a water arrow in a
> mission and by chance it just sits there so you can pick
> it up again, do you grab it or leave it?

I take everything that isn't tied down, even if I don't
use nor need it. And if there's not enough to steal,
I break their windows, walk all over the beds, and
leave the doors open. If I could pee in the tubs
(that are for some strange reason often full of water)
I'd do that, too. All that's left to do is kick the house
and burn down the dog.....

> I agree though. If I have a BJ and a Rope arrow, I'm
> happy.

> --
> Michael Cecil
> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
> http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
April 1, 2005 12:53:35 AM

"Geneve" <a@n.com> wrote in message
news:D 2hss20181u@drn.newsguy.com
> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:46:48 -0700 Mos said :
>>
>>> Garrets equipment goes.
>>
>>Umm....mom ! Geneve's trying to cheat !
>>Try using the money cheat at the beginning...if there
>>is a store in that FM.
>

> With the cheating it opens up areas of the level that I
> might not otherwise get to see. Some of the work is
> pretty wild. But if Garret gets killed off way early
> because of the lack of equipment/thieving experience then
> the mission level gets unoticed as wel as the hard work
> the planner put in to the level.
>
> Well at least for some of us out there.
>
> As far as the memory cheat. That one gets by Me. I have
> never heard of that cheat. So know nothing about it.

Money cheat.
You can give yourself loot by adding the line "cash_bonus" to your
"user.cfg."

If set to an integer, its value is added to your loot total for loadout
purposes.

With 'cash_bonus 3000' added to your user.cfg file, go

into the game. When you get to the "Loadout" screen,

immediately hit ESC, then SAVE, then quit back to the Desktop.

You'll return to the Loadout screen, and another 3000 gold

will be added to your purse.

Repeat until you have as much gold as you want/need!

There should be a section that looks like this:

;For starting loot, uncomment and modify the number
;on the next line.
cash_bonus 3000
April 1, 2005 1:05:30 AM

"Geneve" <a@n.com> wrote in message
news:D 2hu5l01d0e@drn.newsguy.com
> [...]
>
> At that time Garret had taken a few hits. So lets make
> Garret eat the Deer leg.
>
> Nada nothing.. No health help at all. was this
> intentional?
>
> Again I know nothing about level creation so I am hoping
> that I am not trashing the author of the level here. I
> simply do not know if this was left out for a reason or
> what have you.
>
> After the effort of getting the leg you sure would have
> expected to
> be given the reward of health points.
>
> Again I hope the author is not getting pissed at my
> writing here. The front of the tavern looked real cool. I
> like the burrock heads etc.
>
> However in that level it might have been nice to have
> more moss arrows as well as healing potions.
>
> I think I completed the mission with 6 health points left.
>
> Hmmm I think I am running out of steam for writing here.

You might not like me at all.
In the first two FMs I'm working on, you have
no sword. Kills are not allowed.
Like they said in Monty Python and the Holy Grail:
"Run away, run away !"

Something that works for me, if I have to fight,
is NEVER fight more than one foe. Also, I
keep moving (strafe) towards my left, circling
them, whacking as I go.
More than one foe, I run like the dickens, looking
for a hole to jump into, a ladder to climb, or ledge
to get onto. It helps to keep a rope arrow hanging
off something....just in case. Certainly not ghosting.
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 1:05:31 AM

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 21:05:30 -0700 Mos said :

>off something....just in case. Certainly not ghosting.

Yah guess it is time to revert to reading thru and thru
the missions and if it does not meet my type then for sure
it is a level to purge from my system without haste.

Maybe time for a levels I hate kind of web page is in order.

--
"If confused why this or that is going on."
"I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 3:14:48 AM

"Geneve" <a@n.com> wrote in message news:D 2hu5l01d0e@drn.newsguy.com...

> The biggest rub I have is when the sword carrying characters
> get to nail Garret 3 or 4 or even as mch as 5 times to His
> One swing.
>
> I know some of you know what I mean but for the casual reader
> I will expand a tiny bit here.
>
> I am referring to the idea that Garret is trying to hit with His
> sord as fast and as many times as possible. Inbetween Garrets
> fastest swing/hits the other guy gets in the unbalanced amount of
> hits.

That's because they are fighters, thus expert in the skills of using their
swords. Garrett is a thief and so isn't skillful at sword fighting. That
they get three or four strikes in to Garrett's one reflects their relative
fighting abilities.

Likewise, the guards are no good at hiding or moving around quietly, where
as Garrett is.

The Thief games aren't about fighting (that's why I like them so much).
They're about not getting seen or heard. Use Garrett's strengths to
succeeed, not his weaknesses.

JJ (UK)
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 3:14:49 AM

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 23:14:48 GMT UK\ said :

>succeeed, not his weaknesses.
>
>JJ (UK)

<smirk>

You're not helping any here.

This is not a solve.

More over mostly extra frustration could swing people in to being

Anti-Thief gaming.

--
"If confused why this or that is going on."
"I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 12:46:56 PM

"Geneve" <a@n.com> wrote in message news:D 2iiaa0b00@drn.newsguy.com...
> You're not helping any here.

Yes, I am.

> This is not a solve.

Yes, it is. Thief isn't about fighting. So don't fight. Sneak around.
Blackjack the guards from behind when they're not aware of your presence.
Anything except confront them with the sword that Garrett is no good at
using!

If you find yourself in a sword fight, you've gone wrong. Just press Escape,
then reload the last saved game.

> More over mostly extra frustration could swing people in to being
>
> Anti-Thief gaming.

Well, it might swing YOU in to 'Anti-Thief gaming' - whatever that is.
Everyone else seems to be happy with the concept of the game being about a
THIEF rather than a FIGHTER...

JJ (UK)
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 7:06:34 PM

Mika Latokartano wrote:

> The T2X website can be found at www.thief2x.com. The trailer is also
> available there. Whee :)
>
> - Mika L

How about a Bittorrent for it? Much less painful way to distribute a 33
MB file. I can help keep the torrent running for quite a while, too, as
I generally don't use much of my outgoing bandwidth. Maybe I'll make a
..torrent once it's all downloaded.

Obj
Anonymous
April 9, 2005 7:18:08 AM

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 08:46:56 GMT UK\ said :

>Everyone else seems to be happy with the concept of the game being about a
>THIEF rather than a FIGHTER...
>
>JJ (UK)

Bah Humbug. Let's not get religious here so to speak.

I see another side of the coin that does not seem to want
to post messages to this group.

Comment Heard : "Since I paid for Thief I should be allowed to
play it any way I want to without anyone telling me otherwise!"

Comment Heard : "Playing Thief has improved some of my sneaking/sniping
skills in other games. Some of my friends are wondering how come my scores
are higher than theirs. I tell them simply, I hide in the bushes a lot
more. When one comes by, I take him out. Then I can move onto the next
check point."

I still like to plunk back into a brawl in the tombs and play havoc
with the zombies, hammerites, guards and mechanists. Oh lets not
forget the haunts. (haunts question later..)

The sewers, what a wild thing to make use of. Sure was a lot of
fun sneaking in to that locked dead hammerits section and getting
that door to open up and watching the dead and live hammerites
fight it out.

Looting was a bonus. HA! However at times I got sloppy and got chased
out of there so I just led them to the guards that were firing Holy
Water arrows. Just run around the area for awhile and eventually they
kill off the dead hammerites.

In the Brawl mission. In the mechanists area. There is a double door.
Is that meant to be accessed some how ?

I get confused. Haunts <= Are these the ghostly like dead? Or does the
term include them as well as the dead hammerites ?

"If confused why this or that is going on."
"I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
Anonymous
April 10, 2005 8:27:46 AM

"Geneve" <a@n.com> wrote in message news:D 38a5002q6b@drn.newsguy.com...
> On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 08:46:56 GMT UK\ said :
>>
>>Everyone else seems to be happy with the concept of the game being about a
>>THIEF rather than a FIGHTER...
>>
>>JJ (UK)
>
> Bah Humbug. Let's not get religious here so to speak.
>

> I see another side of the coin that does not seem to want
> to post messages to this group.
>

> Comment Heard : "Since I paid for Thief I should be allowed to
> play it any way I want to without anyone telling me otherwise!"

Yeah, you can play it anyway you like but those who build missions aren't
obliged to design their scenarios to cater to your preferred style.

There's a place for games that are agnostic to a wide variety of playing
styles - Deus Ex was one, RPG's in general. Thief isn't one of them and I
don't blame the map designers for not wanting to clutter their maps with
healing potions and killer arrows and other stuff that simply contradict the
stealthy theme of the game.

It's true that maps can sometimes get frustrating, especially when you're
stuck on some puzzle aspect of the level and need to search for a key you
think you might have missed on the other side of the map with hundreds of
guards in the way and you have to sneak. Partly, I blame the lack of cheat
codes for this but mostly I think that hunt-for-the-key type of puzzles are
a bad match for the Thief game in the first place. (Not that I really like
'em in any game to be truthful but it always feels particularly out of place
in a Thief game.) Assuming though you have a map where the objectives are
reasonably clear and the player is allowed to focus on HOW to get to the
objective (rather than WHERE the objective is), I expect a good Thief map to
have a reasonable infiltration path that involves no fighting, no killing
and no witnessing, so I don't need or want healing potions, flashbombs
scattered like breadcrumbs around. Sure, you can say you don't HAVE to use
them but the fact remains that they send a mixed message about what the
player's really supposed to be doing.

I'd say if you have to do this sort of thing, I'd say get it out of the way
at the "thief store" part of the game where the immersion aspect is low
anyway - just put up a bunch of flashbombs. potions, etc. up for sale but
little or no money to buy them with. Those who really want to Doom through a
leval can just use the money cheat and stock up, but map when played
normally still retains its Thief flavor.

> I get confused. Haunts <= Are these the ghostly like dead? Or does the
> term include them as well as the dead hammerites ?

Haunts == dead hammerites with skull faces.
Apparitions == the translucent backward-talking ghosts.
Anonymous
April 10, 2005 8:27:47 AM

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 04:27:46 GMT SpammersDie said :

>stuck on some puzzle aspect of the level and need to search for a key you

Yeah sometimes the puzzles go to far.

One thing I would like to see if they can change is in the area of
everyone in the mission is out to kill Garret. This can be annoying
when it is over used when Garret has not done anything yet or that
the game gives no history as to why he is in deep doo doo.

>but map when played
>normally still retains its Thief flavor.

There werer a lot of missions that one can get emersed in.

In T:D S the shallbrige. I did not want to complete the level.
It was spooky. Plain spooky... I still avoid that level and
I am sorry but that one I want a lot of moss arrows or anything
to help. (grin)

>> I get confused. Haunts <= Are these the ghostly like dead? Or does the
>> term include them as well as the dead hammerites ?
>
>Haunts == dead hammerites with skull faces.
>Apparitions == the translucent backward-talking ghosts.

Thank you for this information.

For Thief 2. The sound effects for Brall in the Tombs makes for a really
wild ride. A couple areas seeem to large but I think the author of the
level did a really interesting mission. It's pretty cool ...

One thing I would like to see stabilized is the below :

(1) Loaves of Bread
(2) Apples
(3) Cucumbers
(4) Cheese
(5) Deer Leg

Breads, Cheeses, Deer Legs
--------------------------
More health and maybe Garret saying something like He cant eat more
right now because he is full... ?

Apples, Cucumbers
-----------------
When you hear a crunch. Depending if Garret it near enough to someone
walking around Him to hear from them "What was that?" etc...

For T:D S I would like the ability to heal an Ally. Perhaps if allowed
to pickup a wand or whatever for ohh I dunno a single use ?

Also for T:D S I would like to be able to pick up weapons like hammers,
swords, bows etc so that I could clean up are area if I black jacked
some one and I want to hide what I did.

--
"If confused why this or that is going on."
"I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"
Anonymous
April 10, 2005 5:13:10 PM

SpammersDie wrote:
(snip)I think that hunt-for-the-key type of puzzles are
> a bad match for the Thief game in the first place.(snip)

I agree with that also. IF Garret is suppose to be a master thief,
what does he need keys for anyway?
Albert
April 10, 2005 5:13:11 PM

> SpammersDie wrote:
> (snip)I think that hunt-for-the-key type of puzzles are
>> a bad match for the Thief game in the first place.(snip)
>
> I agree with that also. IF Garret is suppose to be a
> master thief, what does he need keys for anyway?
> Albert

To lock AIs in places so he won't be bothered
with them any more.
Anonymous
April 11, 2005 3:35:20 AM

Mos wrote:

> "Albert Conklin" <aconklin@satx.rr.com> wrote in message
>
>>SpammersDie wrote:
>>(snip)I think that hunt-for-the-key type of puzzles are
>>
>>>a bad match for the Thief game in the first place.(snip)
>>
>> I agree with that also. IF Garret is suppose to be a
>>master thief, what does he need keys for anyway?
>>Albert
>

> To lock AIs in places so he won't be bothered
> with them any more.

Now that would be nice. :-)
Albert
April 11, 2005 3:35:21 AM

> Mos wrote:
>
>> "Albert Conklin" <aconklin@satx.rr.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>SpammersDie wrote:
>>>(snip)I think that hunt-for-the-key type of puzzles are

>>> I agree with that also. IF Garret is suppose to be a
>>>master thief, what does he need keys for anyway?
>>>Albert
>>

>> To lock AIs in places so he won't be bothered
>> with them any more.
>>

> Now that would be nice. :-)
> Albert

I do it often. Lead them on a merry chase into
the area that I have a key for, and on my way
out, frob the key on the door, it closes, locked
behind me, and they stand their with their thumbs
up their.....nose.
!