Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Gtx 280 SLI with badcompany2

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
March 24, 2010 3:58:54 PM

Hi everyone,

If possible would someone please post some benchmarks on Gtx 280 sli setup with badcompany2? I'm planning on getting a second one to make it run better.

Thanks to whomever helps me out.

More about : gtx 280 sli badcompany2

a b Î Nvidia
March 24, 2010 4:06:47 PM

And 1 GTX280 doesn't run it well? At what resolution? With your CPU it should run like a champ, maybe with slightly lower AA or AF.

I do have 2 buddies with Nvidia cards that seem to have the same issue. It's a little choppy, but their frames are fine. Might be an Nvidia driver issue, I don't know. All I know is I've been hearing the same issue from nvidia card owners.
m
0
l
March 24, 2010 4:25:16 PM

there is a patch for the nvidia glitch just look round, i had the link but lost it
m
0
l
Related resources
March 24, 2010 4:46:33 PM

jay2tall said:
And 1 GTX280 doesn't run it well? At what resolution? With your CPU it should run like a champ, maybe with slightly lower AA or AF.

I do have 2 buddies with Nvidia cards that seem to have the same issue. It's a little choppy, but their frames are fine. Might be an Nvidia driver issue, I don't know. All I know is I've been hearing the same issue from nvidia card owners.


My resolution is at 1680 * 1050 on a 22inch monitor.

I get 115 FPS Max (Looking at the sky) and on avg I get around 65 FP and the lowest I've seen going is at 33 FPS. When there are explosions around me or dust it dips down to 44FPS.

Everything is maxed. AA and AF are at 4X. HBAO is Off.

The drivers I'm using is 196.75 with riva tuner set to control my fans.

I haven't overclocked my Gtx 280 but I was planning on maybe getting a second one and get 60+ FPS constantly.

Is it a worthy investment on getting a second used Gtx 280? Or I should just wait for the prices of the 5870's to go down? Or maybe even grab a Fermi when the prices drop.

m
0
l
March 24, 2010 5:00:04 PM

jay2tall said:
I do have 2 buddies with Nvidia cards that seem to have the same issue. It's a little choppy, but their frames are fine. Might be an Nvidia driver issue, I don't know. All I know is I've been hearing the same issue from nvidia card owners.


not as bad as the loooooooong load times for people with ati cards between maps and the flickering problem with 8xMSAA (goes away if lowered and then raised again)
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
March 24, 2010 6:01:31 PM

mindless728 said:
not as bad as the loooooooong load times for people with ati cards between maps and the flickering problem with 8xMSAA (goes away if lowered and then raised again)

Um... I experience neither of these issues. My maps load pretty darn quickly.
m
0
l
March 24, 2010 6:36:14 PM

jay2tall said:
Um... I experience neither of these issues. My maps load pretty darn quickly.


well, it takes mine about 35s to load 2 x 4870, a friend of mine (with faster HDD) takes 1.5min he has 4850

then my two friends with NV cards are in within 10s (8800GTS 640 and 2 x 9600 GT)

everyone is at low-med except me (highest, everything on)
m
0
l
March 24, 2010 6:38:29 PM

mine loads in 10 seconds with my 5850's at max and my 4890 on medium
m
0
l
March 24, 2010 6:56:45 PM

interesting, everyone i have seen with ati cards has been having issues with load times, though i can live with 30 some odd seconds, my friend with the minute and a half, that would suck

though it seems that all of my friends are stuck on low-med (mostly low) because there cpu is topped out to 100% (athlon x2 5000+, 6000+, and a C2D @ 2.5 GHz)
m
0
l
March 24, 2010 6:57:11 PM

Can we please keep this on topic :) 

So GTX 280's SLI worth it to get an increase in performance in BFBC2?
m
0
l
March 24, 2010 7:00:26 PM

sassan said:
Can we please keep this on topic :) 

So GTX 280's SLI worth it to get an increase in performance in BFBC2?



ok, my bad....

well, it depends, do you want to play it on max settings with 50+ fps, or are you content with med-high 50+ fps

i found getting my second 4870 was worth it, though i like the higher settings and wanted it enough to spend $160 on another 4870

also with 2 x GTX280, you won't need a new gpu for quite a while
m
0
l
March 24, 2010 7:07:48 PM

My experience is that @ 1280x1024 or 1600x1200 there is no difference in performance literally, and usually my GPU usage is @ 30-45%. I don't see how going SLI is going to help seeing as how 1 GTX 260 isn't being fully utilized.

I've read on the EA forums that the sound system is horrible, and since its software based none of the work is offloaded to the soundcard. It's all done by the CPU and "some" people report increased performance by lowering the Sound Quality to 16bit.

I haven't tried it yet so I cannot confirm if it works or not or if it makes it sound like crap.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b Î Nvidia
March 24, 2010 7:24:16 PM

Is a 2nd GTX 280 worth it? It is debatable. I think I would hold out to see what the Fermi brings to the table. You may be able to unload the GTX280 for a single card with the same performance as 2 of yours. If you can get a 2nd GTX280 cheap and that is what you are looking for, then by all means go for it. Your PSU can handle it, so why not, right?
Share
March 24, 2010 7:59:09 PM

jay2tall said:
Is a 2nd GTX 280 worth it? It is debatable. I think I would hold out to see what the Fermi brings to the table. You may be able to unload the GTX280 for a single card with the same performance as 2 of yours. If you can get a 2nd GTX280 cheap and that is what you are looking for, then by all means go for it. Your PSU can handle it, so why not, right?


It's not going to be in the $100+ range, so I will hold off and save the money for the next gen then. Fermi benchmarks will give me a solid answer, March 26! I'm willing to spend $300+ on a new card.

Thanks again
m
0
l
March 24, 2010 7:59:15 PM

Best answer selected by sassan.
m
0
l
March 24, 2010 8:47:59 PM

sassan said:
My resolution is at 1680 * 1050 on a 22inch monitor.

I get 115 FPS Max (Looking at the sky) and on avg I get around 65 FP and the lowest I've seen going is at 33 FPS. When there are explosions around me or dust it dips down to 44FPS.

Everything is maxed. AA and AF are at 4X. HBAO is Off.

The drivers I'm using is 196.75 with riva tuner set to control my fans.

I haven't overclocked my Gtx 280 but I was planning on maybe getting a second one and get 60+ FPS constantly.

Is it a worthy investment on getting a second used Gtx 280? Or I should just wait for the prices of the 5870's to go down? Or maybe even grab a Fermi when the prices drop.



You have to update drivers ASAP, Those have been having problems with fan speed, you're lucky that you haven't had any problems yet. :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable:  :pt1cable: 
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
March 24, 2010 9:03:37 PM

sassan said:
Fermi benchmarks will give me a solid answer, March 26! I'm willing to spend $300+ on a new card.

For Fermi? be willing to spend more. But maybe it will drive the ATI cards down, but unlikely.
m
0
l
March 24, 2010 9:05:33 PM

@ builderbobftw:He is using RT to set the fans...its even in your quote.

I just cranked everything up(forced DX11 in the ini Renderahead Limit to 1) Changed Audio to Low and Reduced my Audio to 41k 16bit and running all High, 4xAA 4xAF HBAO off @ 1600x1200, its noticeably smoother than All med. and no AA/AF or HBAO @ 1280x1024

AND its actually using 80-90+% of my gpu.
m
0
l
March 24, 2010 9:53:21 PM

Isn't a 1.2KW PSU or something like that recommended for the GTX 280?
m
0
l
March 24, 2010 11:24:24 PM

builderbobftw said:
Isn't a 1.2KW PSU or something like that recommended for the GTX 280?


I belive the tdp of one gtx 280 is 230 or so. So 1KW is overkill maybe. But it's good to be safe though.
m
0
l
March 24, 2010 11:28:13 PM

2 GTX 280s use 472W, and go way, way past 500W when you bump up the voltage.
m
0
l
March 25, 2010 12:20:57 AM

Hopefully that 5870 will be me soon if I win the 5870 thread !!!!!
m
0
l
April 7, 2010 9:16:50 AM

I know the thread is solved, but i just wanted to piggy back on the topic.

I have 2 Accelero GTX 280's sli'd atm. I never checked my FPS, but i run everything maxed out including AA and AF w/ HBAO on. It is mighty pretty...

But, since the price of the GTX 280's are stale.. wait it out till like the end of Q3 of this year.
m
0
l
!