The Cell Next Door

Re the mission "The Cell Next Door."

I've obviously tried everything but the right thing -- I grab the key
from the guard, but I can't even get out of the cell! Help!!
7 answers Last reply
More about cell door
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Can you get the door open? I got the door open, but couldn't leave the cell
    until I crouched.

    "Bob Fairbank" <rhf28@crosslink.net> wrote in message
    > Re the mission "The Cell Next Door."
    >
    > I've obviously tried everything but the right thing -- I grab the key
    > from the guard, but I can't even get out of the cell! Help!!

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Bob Fairbank" <rhf28@crosslink.net> wrote in message
    > Re the mission "The Cell Next Door."
    >
    > I've obviously tried everything but the right thing -- I
    > grab the key from the guard, but I can't even get out of
    > the cell! Help!!

    Key worked for me.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 19:35:02 -0500 Bob Fairbank said :

    >Re the mission "The Cell Next Door."
    >
    >I've obviously tried everything but the right thing -- I grab the key
    >from the guard, but I can't even get out of the cell! Help!!

    Is this the fan mission name?

    Did'nt down load this one........

    --
    "If confused why this or that is going on."
    "I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"

    Tried the key on all three levels -- the lock does not "light up" on any
    of them. Have searched all the walls, the floor, the ceiling, various
    heights of the gate -- nothing. Even tried the loaf of bread and the bed
    roll.

    I'm running WIN98SE. Maybe this mission was written for XP and that's
    causing the problem. If so, it's the first time. I've played most of the
    fan missions, never been a compatibility problem.
    Any other suggestions?

    Bob

    Mos wrote:

    > "Bob Fairbank" <rhf28@crosslink.net> wrote in message
    > > Re the mission "The Cell Next Door."
    > >
    > > I've obviously tried everything but the right thing -- I
    > > grab the key from the guard, but I can't even get out of
    > > the cell! Help!!
    >
    > Key worked for me.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    The door doesn't "light up" for me either...but the key still opened it.

    > Tried the key on all three levels -- the lock does not "light up" on any
    > of them. Have searched all the walls, the floor, the ceiling, various
    > heights of the gate -- nothing. Even tried the loaf of bread and the bed
    > roll.
    >
    > I'm running WIN98SE. Maybe this mission was written for XP and that's
    > causing the problem. If so, it's the first time. I've played most of the
    > fan missions, never been a compatibility problem.
    > Any other suggestions?
    >
    > Bob
    >

    > Mos wrote:
    >
    >> "Bob Fairbank" <rhf28@crosslink.net> wrote in message
    >> > Re the mission "The Cell Next Door."
    >> >
    >> > I've obviously tried everything but the right thing -- I
    >> > grab the key from the guard, but I can't even get out of
    >> > the cell! Help!!
    >>
    >> Key worked for me.

  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 22:02:12 -0500, Bob Fairbank <rhf28@crosslink.net>
    wrote:

    >Tried the key on all three levels -- the lock does not "light up" on any
    >of them. Have searched all the walls, the floor, the ceiling, various
    >heights of the gate -- nothing. Even tried the loaf of bread and the bed
    >roll.
    >
    >I'm running WIN98SE. Maybe this mission was written for XP and that's
    >causing the problem. If so, it's the first time. I've played most of the
    >fan missions, never been a compatibility problem.
    >Any other suggestions?
    >
    >Bob
    >

    >Mos wrote:
    >
    >> "Bob Fairbank" <rhf28@crosslink.net> wrote in message
    >> > Re the mission "The Cell Next Door."
    >> >
    >> > I've obviously tried everything but the right thing -- I
    >> > grab the key from the guard, but I can't even get out of
    >> > the cell! Help!!
    >>
    >> Key worked for me.
    I've checked in the TTGL forums - nobody else has has this problem.

    Try downloading again. Then use Darkloader to "Install Only" the
    Original Thief2 - this should clear any duff files from the folder -
    then try again.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Found the problem! My version of the GayleSavor scripts had a file named
    darkhook.dlx. I redownloaded them and in this Zip package this file is now
    called darkhooks.dlx.

    Now the lock lights up and the key works.

    Apparently the file was misnamed in the first Zip package. I've used the
    first package files to play other missions that were listed as needing them
    and they all worked. Maybe all the others didn't need to use this particular
    file? What ever, things are fine now.

    Thanks for the input.

    Bob

    Spud wrote:

    > On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 22:02:12 -0500, Bob Fairbank <rhf28@crosslink.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Tried the key on all three levels -- the lock does not "light up" on any
    > >of them. Have searched all the walls, the floor, the ceiling, various
    > >heights of the gate -- nothing. Even tried the loaf of bread and the bed
    > >roll.
    > >
    > >I'm running WIN98SE. Maybe this mission was written for XP and that's
    > >causing the problem. If so, it's the first time. I've played most of the
    > >fan missions, never been a compatibility problem.
    > >Any other suggestions?
    > >
    > >Bob
    > >

    > >Mos wrote:
    > >
    > >> "Bob Fairbank" <rhf28@crosslink.net> wrote in message

    > >> Key worked for me.
    > I've checked in the TTGL forums - nobody else has has this problem.
    >
    > Try downloading again. Then use Darkloader to "Install Only" the
    > Original Thief2 - this should clear any duff files from the folder -
    > then try again.

Games Video Games