Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Radeon 5770 which model

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
March 24, 2010 4:36:17 PM

Hi,
I am interested in buying ATI 5770 card and am unable to find out the feature difference between the below mentione cards.


XFX Radeon HD 5770 HD-577X-ZNFC Video Card - Retail 159$

XFX Radeon HD 5770 HD-577A-ZHFC Video Card - Retail 179$

XFX Radeon HD 5770 XTreme Edition HD-577A-ZNEC Video Card - Retail 184$

XFX Radeon HD 5770 XXX Edition HD-577A-ZNDC Video Card - Retail 174$

Also, I should go for XFX as the best choice or some other manufacturer

Also any suggestions for DIrectX 11 compliant with Eyefinity technology for less than 200$ would be really helpful

More about : radeon 5770 model

Best solution

March 24, 2010 4:45:13 PM
Share

The difference comes in the design of the coolers, and the warrant (for me XFX has the best warranty, double lifetime warranty).

Other than that, go for the cheapest card since they all work the same.

Also any suggestions for DIrectX 11 compliant with Eyefinity technology for less than 200$ would be really helpful said:
Also any suggestions for DIrectX 11 compliant with Eyefinity technology for less than 200$ would be really helpful


Am not sure i understand what this means but all 5xxx card ate DX 11 compliant and accept Eyefinity.
March 24, 2010 4:57:06 PM

Starges said:
The difference comes in the design of the coolers, and the warrant (for me XFX has the best warranty, double lifetime warranty).

Other than that, go for the cheapest card since they all work the same.



Am not sure i understand what this means but all 5xxx card ate DX 11 compliant and accept Eyefinity.


Thanks for the reply. I have 3 DVi monitors and the eyefinity seems to require an active DisplayPort to DVI adapter? any idea about this one?
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
March 24, 2010 5:14:14 PM

Using neweggs compare function, there are 5 xfx 5770's available.
This lays out all the features, box contents, free shipping , core clock
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submi...

I think the Xtreme edition is over the top. I can't find any literature about it. What makes this model extreme? I was thinking they might state they use select binned gpu's or such, but no.
March 24, 2010 10:48:14 PM

there is no diff btw these cards the performance is same but the outputs changes like HDMI, adapters, and bundle will change. thats it no need to worry abt quality, performance. just see the diff in www.newegg.com.
a b U Graphics card
March 25, 2010 3:01:38 AM

duskndreamz said:
Thanks for the reply. I have 3 DVi monitors and the eyefinity seems to require an active DisplayPort to DVI adapter? any idea about this one?


theres no way to get around that. eyefinity requires the use of DisplayPort becauseof its lower bandwidth. if you have VGA on the monitors though, then a passive DP>VGA adapter will do the trick for a much lower price.
March 25, 2010 3:04:36 AM

welshmousepk said:
theres no way to get around that. eyefinity requires the use of DisplayPort becauseof its lower bandwidth. if you have VGA on the monitors though, then a passive DP>VGA adapter will do the trick for a much lower price.


Thank you so much for this information, as I was on google for a long time for this. So if I am using 3 VGA monitors, then 2 DVi to VGA convertors and 1 passive DP ->VGA convertor should allow eye finity to work???
a b U Graphics card
March 25, 2010 3:49:20 AM

duskndreamz said:
Thank you so much for this information, as I was on google for a long time for this. So if I am using 3 VGA monitors, then 2 DVi to VGA convertors and 1 passive DP ->VGA convertor should allow eye finity to work???


yes it should. there are some known issues, and the DP>VGA adapter aren't guranteed to work (they are cheap enough though that buyinf a second shouldn't be too much of a hassle)

check out WSG for more info:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewforum.ph...

March 25, 2010 3:50:56 AM

Best answer selected by duskndreamz.
!