HD 7770 Overclock Broken? HELP!

I have a HIS iCooler Hd 7770 @ 1200/1125MHz, 1200mv, 20% board power limit, I was wondering if I can get it any higher without any damage to the card. Without a voltage increase that is the max I can get and the momory seems to be a bit finicky and won't go any higher than stock, any suggestions? Also, that card needs to last me 1 year at least so I can not kill it. :??: Please look at post #3

Solution
If your having issues with a driver sometimes you can revert to the previous driver to see if that will help. Overclocking is a risky thing and when you start playing with the voltage it becomes even more risky. I know people love to overclock and get every bit of performance out of thier hardware but when you look at what the difference is in performance is it worth risking an expensive piece of hardware for an extra 5 fps?
If you can get 10, 15 or 20 fps extra then it becomes worth it to some because bottom line is the longer you over clock the shorter the lifespan of the hardware your overclocking.
So with you current problem try a previous driver and then if that doesn't work try resetting the card to stock and gradually bring it...
I've heard that as long as temps don't get over 71c I can do anything with the voltage, sound suspicious to me...

Also since there is no longer a videocard overclocking section I have a question about overclocking my CPU. It's an i7 870, heat won't be an issue after I get my aftermarket cooler. I know it's partially locked so I was wondering if there is a tutorial for that kind of CPU. Max clocks, how to do it ect.

MAJOR PROBLEM!! I have had this OC rock solid for 4 months now, but all of a sudden, nothing will run. Every game will cause it to say "AMD display driver has failed to respond and recovered." Also, set the clocks to minimum 1000/1125, and it'll still not work... The only cause I can find is the fact that it keeps setting the voltage to 1146 when I play, and nothing fixes that. HELP! :( Hate to sound noobish but I am close to panic.

If your having issues with a driver sometimes you can revert to the previous driver to see if that will help. Overclocking is a risky thing and when you start playing with the voltage it becomes even more risky. I know people love to overclock and get every bit of performance out of thier hardware but when you look at what the difference is in performance is it worth risking an expensive piece of hardware for an extra 5 fps?
If you can get 10, 15 or 20 fps extra then it becomes worth it to some because bottom line is the longer you over clock the shorter the lifespan of the hardware your overclocking.
So with you current problem try a previous driver and then if that doesn't work try resetting the card to stock and gradually bring it back up to where it's stable and see what happens and where you can get it.

Solution

Well, turned the board power limit to 0% and I lost 3 fps but it won't randomly undervolt. Now I get +13 fps. Also at this clock/voltage, am I hurting my card? It needs to last another 1 or 2 years.

What I said before is true and the hardwarte will not last thier intended lifetime if the voltage is too high for an extended amount of time so don't go too high with the voltage and look at some places that do benchmarking to get a feel for what voltage is safe. Every card and manufacturer is different.

Well, the 1200 mv and 20% seemed pretty average. Now I'm running at 100% stock and 1000 mv 0% powerlimit, only crashes sometimes. Gonna anti-update to the origonal drivers and see if that does anything.

As long as you don'y overvolt you can try optional settings to find that sweet spot and that's what you do with overclocking , raising here lowering there and changing this anfd that untill you get it right where you want it. Because every GPU and CPU is a bit different there is no set place to put each setting and get the same performance as someone else.

IF I Oc my next card, it'll not be a voltage oc, can that still mess me up? I might get a HD 7950, don't want to kill that!

The good thing about doing it and not adding voltage is that it will either work or it won't , no damage done. Voltage is what can do damage. When I do an overclock on a cpu I keep raising the clock untill it fails to boot and that tells me to either back off or add voltage if I want to go further.

Yay!, the 1200MHz worked but stuttered, added voltage, worked then didn't. Thanks! I'll be more carful now.

Thanks! Turns out I have a 550w HIVE. It is bronze cert so I think it puts out 500w? getting a twin frozr III 7950 and OC'ing it without voltage, however people say to set it to 20% board power limit, safe? Will I need a 600w for that? Learning. :p

EDIT: xtreame gives a 473w minimum and a 523w reccomended with 7950. :S Oh well.

EDIT2: Thanks inzone, been very helpful.

EDIT3: With current setup, 384w minimum, 428 rec.

If your going to upgrade your psu don't go from550w to 600w that makes no sense. If your going to upgrade go to a 650w or 750w, but I don't think you need 750w so a 640w would be a good upgrade if you needed to. Di you use the power supply calculator to see how much your using?

Not ocing CPU.

Overclocking is a step by step process and most of the time because every gpu and cpu is different the end result will be different and there is no set clock speed that is supposed to be met by every 7950. They will all end up around a certain number but you should be prepared to see either more or less then what someone else may get.

20% BPL and 1200Mv seems average, but it seemed average with the 7770 too, and that broke. To be honest, I just want to oc to maybe 7970 levels, not crazy stuff. I'll post again when I get it.
And again, you've been the most helpful person on any forums I've been on, thanks!