Case fan recommendations

I have an antec solo case. The stock fan is quiet on low setting but I find the power supply gets hot when I run it on low. The fan cools well on medium setting but I find it too noisy. Is there a good quality fan that cools well and is very quiet?
16 answers Last reply
More about case recommendations
  1. the sharkoon fans normally get good reviews...
  2. Scythe's Gentle typhoon 1150 is a good choice.
  3. What kind of airflow should I look for? I have only the one fan in the rear.
  4. Well, it would help if you'd tell us what components (including case) you got and do you overclock etc.
  5. Is the Scythe fan a quiet fan?
  6. No overclocking, intel i5-750, antec solo case, radeon HD4850
  7. If you're not gonna overclock, 1x 120mm fan will do fine. :) I recommend you to buy the Scythe GT 1150, it's quiet and got a good airflow too.
  8. semu said:
    If you're not gonna overclock, 1x 120mm fan will do fine. :) I recommend you to buy the Scythe GT 1150, it's quiet and got a good airflow too.

I can't find that at NCIX or newegg so I need something else
  9. Ok found scythe GT1500 but it has an airflow of only 37cfm
  10. If you won't overclock, the airflow will be enough. If you still want a better one, Noctua NF-P12 is one choice.
  11. I find that the installed tricoll fan at low setting (39 cfm) is not enough. The PSU seems to get hot
  12. I'd say that GT 1150 has higher airflow, as the tricool at low is only about 850rpm. The CFM's what manufacturers tell, can be totally bulls***.
  13. The antec solo case manual says: Low setting, 1200RPM, 39cfm, 25 dBA
    I have no idea if these are true
  14. Doesn't sound very low to me lol. But yeah, here's a link for comparison of many fans: http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/534/fansalpha.png

As you can see, Antec tricool L fails the test as the temperature goes too up. GT-1150 has the same sound pressure level, but it passes the test.
  15. The fan on the PSU is running but doesnt seem to be too efficient.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cases Fan Components