Gtx 670 Sc 4gb Card is Acting Weird Plz help

NightHawk87

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
Hello I have a Problem When I play Games like Tomb Raider & Battlefield 3 my Card when its Overclocked or Not the Graphic Driver stop Responding & Crashes Game & on Evga Precision I have to Default it all the Time & start over it only does this sometimes here & there I dont get why it does it is it a Bad Card?? Even tough it still works & everything?

NightHawk87

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
oh ya well idk if I can RMA since I bought it last Yr Christmas time? can I bought it at Newegg & When Overclocking do you change Power Target to 122?? cause was not for sure if suppose to do that or not??

imomun

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013
When increasing base clock power target needs to go up and so is fan speed try staybelow 80c
May be your card is fine, if you got your system overclocked i belive that can cause the crash aswell.
Before RMA try raising the cpu volt 1 step up to see if that solves the problem.
Also check the mem modules with memtest http://www.memtest.org/
Hope this helps

Cygnus x-1

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
The power target off set helps when overclocking because of the tdp limits built into the card. When the card reaches a certain power envolope, it will start to throttle back to stay within a particular tdp range. If you're overclocking you deffinately want to max power limit, so you'll get a decent max boost frequency.

What does precision say max temperature is while gaming for a while?

NightHawk87

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012

hey bud when I overclock my Graphic card I set Power Target at 122
Base clock set it at 10 or 20 & Memory at 600 which brings 3600mb outta 4gb!!
My CPU is Stable & when I game it just the Graphic card the Driver Crashes saying Kernel graphic driver stop responding!! it does it when its Not Overclocked or Overclocked!! when its not Overclock I default it & hit fans at 80 when Gaming not even 5 mins later it does it again & again!! I have to Restart most the time it does it every once in awhile!!! & I downloaded Memtest & Installed it on USB & boot it & all it does it doesnt test anything just stays there I try clicking enter & stuff wont even Test what do I press to test it??

imomun

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013
Perhaps your card cant handle the overclock? Have you thought of that. Every chip is differnet some clocks better others dont. Use MSI afterburner and increase the power target 110 see what chane it brings and then 120 ( if the slider goes to 150 doesnt mean all card can use that. ) then 20mhz increase in base clock and then another 20MHz. Memory 100MHz than another 100MHz so you will know your limit. Each time Play very high quality games for few hours see if it last. Run Vantage/ 3dmark etc.

This should give a better understanding of your particular cards overclocking capability. No overclock is 100% stable though.

The Mem test site got the full instruction on how to use this and other ways to use it, its time consuming I know but gives you peace of mind.

NightHawk87

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012

Well it does it when its Not Overclocked & I already Issued the Rma today threw Evga & they told me that weird it can seem Faulty so just gonna return & get new one been having Trouble since Day 1 when I got it :/ thanks for the help all