Currently i have a:
Amd fx-8120
Coolermaster Hyper N520
Asus M5A78L-MLX plus mobo
Gtx 550ti 2GB
500 gb samsung hardrive (7200rpm)
600w coolermaster extreme powersupply
8Gb kinston hyperX ram
and the problem is that i have a zalman z9 plus case which i bought a couple month ago no knowing that i would water cool. :??:
So could u recommend any water coolers that are dual radiators or just a really good watercoller that could fit in my case.
open looped or closed looped coolers are fine.
thx

reza123

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
i have researched a lot about custom water cooling, and i am fine with it but the only thing that is the problem is the radiator, either i hook it up outside my case or find a slim one, my hyper 520n in my opinion is the same as the hyper 212evo if not better.

reza123

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
i have researched a lot about custom water cooling, and i am fine with it but the only thing that is the problem is the radiator, either i hook it up outside my case or find a slim one, my hyper 520n in my opinion is the same as the hyper 212evo if not better.

You could try externally mounting the radiator. The XSPC kits come with some mounting brackets as standard.
Could either mount the rad like I have, off the rear 120mm.
IMG_20130216_120524_zps4608b88f.jpg

Or above like Motopsychodjin has.
IMAG0327.jpg

You still have options when it comes to water-cooling.

You could side mount the rad, but you will face issues with taking the panels on and off if you do. You would likely need to drill your own mounting holes for that as well.

You cant see it from the shot I provided, but the fan cables go into the case through a small hole I drilled, but I could used the rubber grommets already in the case for that purpose yes. Just my bottom fan's cable likely wouldn't have reached and its a cleaner solution IMO.
I imagine Moto has done the same.

Check out my build log (in my sig) if you want to know more about how I did this.

I'm certain some modding could help here,
That topmount RX is only only one of my rads, I also have two EX360's in an external radbox so if you aren't up for some hacking up of the case, a box may also be an option for you,
As my Sig says, W/c often, if not always, involves some modding to get your desired result,
We are here to help though :)
@Chalk, yes I ground out a section of my roof to feed the wiring through and drilled the 19Mm ports for the tubing,
Build log for reference,
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/forum2.php?config=tomshardwareuk.inc&cat=13&post=311860&page=1&p=1&sondage=0&owntopic=1&trash=0&trash_post=0&print=0&numreponse=0&quote_only=0&new=0&nojs=0
The roofmount pics are about halfway down on the first page, theres also links to the other sections of the rig, Radbox and graphics card modding logs
Moto

toolmaker_03

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
Hay there, I am about to build a Rig for a friend, come to think about it I should put that build on here too. any way the case for that build is a small Dell desktop case, talk about no room, I can show you how I plan to build it and it is going to have 2 X 240 rads on it, not in it, I do not think that is possible to put the rads in it :lol: but still it should be a lot of fun to watch. boiler1990 takes it to the extreme when it comes to small cases and water loops take a look at his loop or even Teknik they both have small cases.

reza123

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013

please upload the photos so i can see the design, and i might be able to do the same for my rig

reza123

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013

could u upload the pics or ur rad box's and ur whole rig to see how u placed the tubing and wiring, thx

toolmaker_03

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
Well that is a good size case, if you did this right with a little modding you could fit a 240 in the top and a 240 in the bottom on the inside of the case, or a 360 on the top on the outside or a 360 off the back of the case you could even put a 1080 on the far side if you wanted to, the choices are endless here.