hello,

I am building my first desktop ever -

Asus M4A79T Deluxe Mobo
Phenom x4 955
Coolit Domino CPU Cooler
Ultra X4 750watt
Coolermaster HAF 932 Full
Samsung Spinpiont F3 1T

Well first of all what do you think of this setup so far?
And I need help with memory? I am looking at 1333 because of 4 slots but wondering about 5-5-5 7-7-7 9-9-9 the voltage the cas late
The other is for know a budget crossfire settup for this system that wont break the budget for now

Is this setup one the right track this is what I came to after so much research on my budget? Any help would be great I am going to start buying parts next week.

First, the HAF 922 is huge and quite a bit cheaper (like 50% off). I'd grab that instead.

Second, a better/cheaper board would be the Gigabyte GA-790XTA-UD3R. It's got USB 3/SATA III support. The extra 2 PCIe slots on that Asus board aren't really useful, as Crossfire doesn't scale well past two cards. The speeds of the slots are also unimportant, as 16x/16x only has a 4% performance gain over 8x/8x.

Third, that CPU cooler is not a good one. Liquid cooling is expensive, not that useful and not a good place to skimp on quality. I highly recommend getting the Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus and just doing air cooling.

Fourth, I wouldn't trust a PSU that isn't from the major brands (Antec, Corsair, SeaSonic, Silverstone). Grab a unit from anyone of those companies.

Fifth, Crossfire is not a great way to start a build. It's expensive and eats up an upgrade path. It's highly recommended to buy a single massive card and plan to add the second one down the line.

Finally, the RAM you should be looking for is either 1333 mhz CAS Latency 7 or 1600 mhz CAS Latency 7. The voltage should be anything under 1.65V.

You may want to look at the guidelines for requesting advice (the link is in my signature). I'm positive we can give you better advice if you gave us more information.

kpac

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
hey thanx - sorry will give some more info for you.

I tend to surf like mad to find all of the info and the best deals possible. I planed on spending less then $900 without graphics cards for a month or so. I was planing on starting to purchase things this next week (middle of the week). Im in the US. Tend to find the best sales or deals at tiger direct, newegg, and amazon. I am kinda deadset on the phenom 955 and was doing research to build artound it. I had seen that there were some guys who had reached an overclock of 7.1 asus m4a79t deluxe 955 combo and was impressed. And I was wanting to crossfire also but I knew the quad cross was overkill. I will get back into gaming agian, but I am the movie watcher and love to watch them from the computer (also anime). I would like to watch and to tweek to my hearts content. And also use graphic designe programs like Maya with numerous programs running. I am starting with minor components so that I can get it running to also see if I have any faulty merchendise to send back. I will be running windows 7 home premium with the 955 phenom. Any suggestions on where to go from there would be great. My high res monitors are being used as well as several big screens at hand 24" to 50". Noise doesnt bother me at all it is more important to keep everything cool to me, and I have quite the stereo system to voiid the noise with.

O.K. Sorry here is alot more for you to go on. Thank You

I looked up the motherboard and for some reason everyone is bringing up the Gigabyte GA-790XTA-UD4R instead.

Oh yeah I was looking at that tower because of the fans and mas airflow that it came with big isnt a big deal to me either those fans are gigantic and was hoping the airflow was the same.