1. If the problem is not so serious, you could launch Error-checking tool like this:
Randomly right click a partition of this corrupted drive in “My Computer” to select “Properties”=> Open “Tools” tab and hit “Check Now”.
2. Format it to take a chance. Sometimes, the format can resolve your problem.
3. If it is really serious, you should ask an expert for help or just buy a new one.
1. He has the error ''structure corrupted and unreadable' meaning he cant mount the drive, let alone see folders.
2. Perhaps he want to keep his data?