AMD 965BE Overclock Help

teh187

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
Hi all fairly new member here. I know there are many threads created already on how to do a general overclock on amd, etc. However the motherboard i have isn't known very well to overclock that good due do its mosfets overheating/or something like that.

Its a MSI 770-C45. My graphics card will come next week so untill then i cannot do anything but would like to hear what you have to say for now. I have a amd 965 and 8gb of corsair lp ram. How should i go about doing a 'light' overclock on stock cooling? If its a must then i will go for an artic 7 rev 2 or similar.

Here is a link where they overclocked a 965 with this board, but its is a little much to take in and a little complicated
http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=835086

Thanks

flyflinger

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
Since the 965 BE has unlocked multiplier, I'd start there and just bump it up half step at a time, 17.5x, 18x, etc. You should be able to get 3.6 GHz or so without anything more than multiplier setting.

cuecuemore

Distinguished
Just like flyfinger said.

Keep voltage stock and raise multi a little bit at a time, Prime it and repeat until it fails, then knock it down to the last known pass and you should be good.