WAG54G2 Router + Cable

xoligy

Distinguished
May 3, 2010
Hi there sorry to bother you all on a bank holiday but i was given a wireless media center (DSM-330 DivX Connected™ HD Media Player) and i dont currently have wireless set up as my ISP never gave me a wireless router just a modem. Anyway, i rememberd a friend left a (url=http://www.linksysbycisco.com/ANZ/en/support/WAG54G2]Wireless-G ADSL2+ Gateway[/url]) round my house so i thought maybe a wire from the modem to the router would allow me have wireless but either im doing something wrong or its not porrible :lol:

Here is the normal setup:
Cable to Modem to Computer (via ethernet)

Here is what i was thinking:
Cable to Modem to Router to Computer (via ethernet)

Now the internet is running through the router to the computer no problem, but i am unable to access the routers settings to enable wireless and and then maybe add the media center. A thought did cross into my head that maybe i could just connect the media center via a cable and it pick the files i allow but i dont know if that will work :/

Any help and advice is appreciated more information can be given at request :)

ISP: Virginmedia (UK)

Can you go from Start to Run and in the Open box, type cmd /k ipconfig /all including the spaces. Right click anywhere in the black form that follows and press Enter to put all the text into your Clipboard. Come back here and open a Reply box and Control V puts it all here so we can see what's going on in there.