Gigabyte G41M-ES2L shutting down after 30 secs

G

Hello all this is my first time posting here but i'm hoping someone can help me out.

Today I bought Gigabyte G41M-ES2L and it appears to be shutting down after about 30 seconds of boot time all on its own.

At first I thought this may have been a power consumption issue but the only real difference in hardware change is the motherboard and ram. I unplugged my graphics card and a hard drive and this had no effect the mobo still keeps shutting itself down.

Any ideas?

I'm running:
Gigabyte G41M-ES2L
Intel Core2Quad Q6600
Corsair CM2X2048-6400CSC (x2)
Nvidia BFG 260GTX Maxcore
Windows 7 64 bit
Coolermaster 520w modular PSU

Many thanks for any help people can provide :)

G

Nevermind that nevermind.

Problem is still occuring.

I have found out that if BIOS settings are saved it manages to shut itself down.

G

Cleared CMOS problem still happening, was one of the first things I tried. Havn't had the chance to install any GA utilities :(

G

The problem was I fucked up my old mobo by changing a setting in the bios which caused it to become unbootable.

I've fixed the current problem by the looks of things now thanks to your previous advice, the graphics card and WiFi PCI-E card were not seated correctly :) Thanks very much for the help :)

Cool! Glad to hear you're up and running!

BTW - there's no BIOS setting that I know of that permanently kill your MOBO; a regular Clear CMOS {jumper version} will bring a MOBO back to its 'factory state.' The OS is another story - yes some changes can and do cause driver corruption that is a PITA to solve...

TRENDING THREADS