Sign in with
Your question

ASUS CPU Overclock Failure

Last response: in Overclocking
March 10, 2013 3:40:58 AM

I attempted to overclock my computers CPU with ASUS software and while it was testing stability, the program crashed. Now, when I boot my computer, it goes through five flashed of the windows icon before freezing and requiring the need to restart my computer. My motherboard is an ASUS P8Z77-V LK and my CPU is an Intel i5 3570k quad core (3.4 GHz). Please help.
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
March 10, 2013 3:47:24 AM

did you reset your clocks back to its previous state?
m
l
March 10, 2013 3:58:37 AM

How do I do that? Don't I need to do that with a booted computer or can I do that in the BIOS?
m
l
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
March 10, 2013 4:00:03 AM

its always best to overclock using the bios. try not to overclock on windows.
m
l
March 10, 2013 4:07:08 AM

But do you have any clue on how to do de-overclock the CPU? I dont have a clue what to do next.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
March 10, 2013 4:09:12 AM

one way to stock factory settings a motherboard is through a cmos reset. it varies from board to board on how to do it(battery, jumper or button in cases). read the manual on how to approach doing it.
m
l
March 10, 2013 4:32:09 AM

I've tried to reset the cmos and put the CPU to default sppeds, and now when windows boots, it begins to start and I get a moment of a bliue screen before my computer restarts and does this loop. It just keeps getting worse. II need help, this is getting very frustrating.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
March 10, 2013 4:33:43 AM

then theres probably something seriously corrupted with the windows installation, if it isnt a hardware issue that is.
m
l
!