Severe Tearing nVidia 7950 GT

dylbot

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
I have recently sorted out my problem with not running games, thanks to everyone who helped, but I still get a lot of screen tearing. I've tried playing around with V Sync and Screen Resolutions, and refresh rate. I have an Asus VW192T LCD monitor, and it has 3 refresh rates (59, 60, and 75 hertz).
AssassinsCreed.jpg

MassEffect.jpg

Bioshock.jpg

Thats some examples of the screen tearing/glitches I've been having. Any help would be appreciated.

I don't know what's going on in that last pic but I don't see any tearing in the first 2...
The first pic seems normal as far as I can tell and the only thing I see in the second pic is a clipping issue(seeing behind the wall) which has nothing to do your video card but rather how the game was programmed.

dylbot

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
Most recent drivers. It's really new too, everything but the motherboard is new.
It would have been so much easier and cheaper to buy a new one, but nooooo, dad had to go fix this one -__-
I've clean installed the drivers, twice, and nothings changed. I've also tried 2 different graphics cards and the same problem appears.

dylbot

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
I don't know how to check the temperatures, but it doesnt seem to get hot. My feet are right next to it and it seems to be fairly cool.
Where could I get the older drivers?