NEW! Build log

toolmaker_03

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
hello out There, I am starting a new build for my dad, so nothing as extravagant as I jest built, but still a nice simple build with one CPU block one 580 block one res one pump and a 360 rad to cool it all down. The rad will be in a fan shroud rad shroud fan configuration with the fans in a push/pull . I like the corsair SP fans so I will use them for this build. Let’s see it is a lan-li case AMD 1100T processor what else would you guys like to know?
Any suggestions?

toolmaker_03

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
Well I had to expect this, and I knew it was coming, I went online to get the parts for my buddy’s build and the shopping cart is at about $$$ for the hardware, when he flips out!, :lol: so I told him that I would pay for half of it, if he could at least meet me half way on this, I will build it for him for free. So we continued shopping and he stopped me again at his cost this time of $$$$ stating please is that everything yet, and I replied yes it is.

you do not get much today for all you put into it. :sad:

Lutfij

Titan
Every skill set has a price - but for a friend you've known for a long time - there are certain corner you can cut :) or rather the way you pointed it out to him...I think he'll man up and see your side after the build goes successfully.

SO how far are we regarding the Dell case?

toolmaker_03

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
Well I got him looking for something a little better don't know what he will come back with, but almost anything would be better than that case. It is very hard to work with so I gave him some ideas and things to look for and what would be better always look for like the ability to disassemble all the sides and stuff like that

toolmaker_03

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
ok so I have 2 X 240 rads but they are a little strange I am thinking that I will need to sandwich two fans between them to make this work than attach that build to the case side panel
ideas, thoughts, suggestions?

toolmaker_03

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
Ok so for this build on my buddy's case, I was thinking of doing it like this! I will start at the pump outlet with will go to the processor block then down to the video card block and out of the case through the bottom PCI slot port. Then around the case to the radiators attached to the side of the case, that I will have connected in parallel at this point, after coming back out of the radiators it will recombine to one line and go to the reservoir with I will also have attached to the side of the case, then out of the reservoir. It will go Around the case again and back in through the bottom PCI slot port to the inlet of the pump. so how does that sound so far?

Lutfij

Titan
Definitely would like one! Tell you what how about you group your parts according to the clients. i.e:

Dad
------
parts

+

Pal
-----
parts

So I can have a better picture in my head about your lineups.

toolmaker_03

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
Ok so basically I am striping out all of the parts in my dad’s case and putting them into my buddy’s smaller case and all of the new hardware will be going into the larger case with is my dad’s.
Here is the kicker the piping on my dad’s case will be a little different again I will try something new :lol: So I am going to loop the processor and video blocks in a parallel setup. Ok so this is what I have planned I will start with the pump it will be positioned right under the video block with the outlet going right into the bottom of the block then that line will continue to the inlet side of the processor block the outlet of the video block will connect to the outlet of the CPU block by way of a T block with a single line continuing out if the case into the radiator out of the radiator and back into the case into the reservoir out of the reservoir into the inlet of the pump.

does that help at all?

toolmaker_03

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
Parts for my dad’s system lets see here
XSPC raystorm, Monstra 360, norprene 3/8 5/8 tubing with fitting to match, corsair 120 SP fans, 655 pump, 250 multi-z tank, 580 EVGA block, gigabyte UD3 Mobo, 1100TCPU, 240G SSD, 1333 samsung memory.

Parts for my buddy’s case
Swifttech CPU block, 2 X 240mm rads, some norprene 3/8 ½ tubing with fittings to match, 120mm fans, 655 pump, 250 multi-z tank, 8800 Ultra block, Asus Mobo, 6000+AMD CPU, 500G WD HDD, 800Mhz OCZ memory.

toolmaker_03

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
Ok so I sandwiched a couple of fans between the rads and bolted them together now I will attach that build to the side panel with some standoff's to try and improve the air flow around the rads. The reservoir will be attached to the same side panel to the rear of the case with the rads to the front of the case. Not a best case for the rads ability to cool, but space is limited and it’s easier this way, less fans needed, less fittings needed, so on and so on.(cost)

Lutfij

Titan
Sorry I haven't posted before :)

I like how you're getting your dads rig wet by going with the raystorm, but You going pretty much what you had in your old rig right ? :) Lot's of angled fittings though don't think its warranted.