Fermi availability pushed back to April 12th

AsAnAtheist

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
New cooler... Interesting. New bios, interesting..

New cooler= turns out fermi is too hot.. Nvidia just suck it up and put the water cooling block I predicted you would have.
New bios= could have issues with stability using the clock stages? Nothing too alarming really.

psychoticdream

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010

i'm not surprised
what will piss me off is if they benchmark and hype up a full (read: non crippled) fermi card and release to retail the "crippled" ones

and let us know that they got a "better" version coming up by summer.

also

is it me or do all these cards coming out with the ability to "voltage tweak" sound a lot like they are being purposely undervolted to meet the expectation of low tdp... can someone correct me if i'm mistaken?

Look like a paper launch? What would you now have to do if this isn't a paper launch? :heink:

Sell people empty boxes on the shelf?

It was a Paper launch in January, if not September. The whole time it was simply meant to delay people moving to the other side, and then after all the 'check here for launch info' Facebook BS , delaying it now is simply pathetic. [:thegreatgrapeape:5]

Remember it was supposed to launch, HARD LAUNCH, in Q1 ; it's now 5 days away from Q2. :pfff:

BroHamBone

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
Lol, it seems like a lose-lose situation. They give a release date, then renig due to heavy factors. Everyone is upset. What if they just released it with all the problems they are trying to fix now and/or before? Everyone would have been upset. Yeesh. Have some patience. That $600 is gaining you interest if anything. I mean, you only will be able to enjoy the card till 2012 :pt1cable: :pt1cable: :pt1cable:

Not unavailable -- Out of stock !!! -- they actually notified those that had used the auto notify system and are already sold out of the initial shipments they received (they started selling them a few days ago as Nvidia had approved them being sold once received and did not enforce a strict release date of the 12th !! But as expected supplies are minimal and getting one is going to be difficult for awhile !!