rrwalker

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could point a guy in the right direction as to a good LGA 1366 MOBO to use with the following hardware.

PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro M 850W Modular Power Supply
Case:Cooler Master HAF X Tower Case
CPU: Intel i7 960
Ram: Patriot Extreme Performance Viper II Sector 7 Series DDR3 12GB (3 x 4GB) PC3-10666 Enhanced Latency Kit
GPU: Im likely going to go with an ATI 6970 or 6950 granted im open to ideas!
Cooler: Noctua HD-D14
I was debating the Asus Sabertooth x58, possibly a Rampage III Forumula board. I tend to stick with Asus products as they have generally been pretty good to me. But im wondering how they compare to offering by Gigabyte or EVGA. I dont see myself doing a tremendous amount of overclocking, i think the most i would do is likely take the CPU to 4 Ghz and thats likely it. I know the cooler and the case is geared more towards pushing the limit a bit harder but i enjoy low temps and quiet performance.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Hello and welcome to the forums
Well,unless you need 3-way SLI/CF or extra features like a built-in sound card, go with Sabertooth X58.
Even if you need 3-way CF,boards like ASUS P6X58D-E are fine.

rrwalker

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010
I feel like a bit of a tool for going against advice given but i think im going to go with the formula being as some of the features it has for overclocking which i decided i may do down the road. Thanks for the input tho!
Im still open to suggestions about video cards if anyone happens to have any!

Cheers!