Which one to upgrade first ?

James124

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
Hi im planning to upgrade my system to enjoy the upcoming games ! So suggest me a good specs !

My current system specs is

intel core 2 duo 2.8 ghz

3gb ddr2 ram

nvidia 9400gt 1gb ram !

I want suggestions whether to upgrade cpu or gpu !

which one to upgrade first ati hd5770 or quad cpu q660 !

Any help is greatly appreciated !

Solution
James, it's going to depends on whether you want to play GTA IV now or later (based on your other posts where we've conversed).

If GTA IV is the MAIN focus, then your CPU would be first then your GPU. Upgrading your GPU first will work a little for GTA, but it will get bottlenecked by your CPU.

If GTA IV is not your main focus, then I agree with shadow on getting the GPU first. However, upgrading the GPU first will help you somewhat, but you won't be using it to it's full potential until you upgrade your CPU.

isamuelson

Distinguished
James, it's going to depends on whether you want to play GTA IV now or later (based on your other posts where we've conversed).

If GTA IV is the MAIN focus, then your CPU would be first then your GPU. Upgrading your GPU first will work a little for GTA, but it will get bottlenecked by your CPU.

If GTA IV is not your main focus, then I agree with shadow on getting the GPU first. However, upgrading the GPU first will help you somewhat, but you won't be using it to it's full potential until you upgrade your CPU.

Solution