Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Overclock an AMD Phenom II X6 1100T black edition

Last response: in Overclocking
March 10, 2013 6:00:51 PM

Hey people. im new to the forum. and i whant to overclock my processor. the only thing that is pushing me back its the cooling. i have the stock cooler. and i dont know what cooler should i got. i have tried to overclock it in the stock cooler but the max i can go its 3.7Ghz and thats the regular boost speed.

also i dont know if its normal but. my temps on my Processor are 53-56 on idle. and thats a little high. i built this PC a year ago and i love it. im gonna change the Video card tough.

My pc specs are:

Processor: AMD PHENOM II X6 1100T BLACK SERIES- 3.3-3.7 GHZ

Motherboard: ECS A785GM-AD3

Ram: 12GB Kingston

Video card: GTX 550Ti CYCLONE 2 MSI- 1GB GDDR5

so basicaly i whant to know how to overclock my processor safely with the stock cooler. while i get a good one. my goal its 4.0 GHZ thats all i whant. and the temps max 70. i hope thats posible. so can you please help me people?

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
March 11, 2013 9:58:55 AM

Well, 62C is the max safe core temp with 55C being the max most people stick to. To prevent you from killing your cpu I highly recommend you purchase an aftermarket HSF and reset back to stock clocks/volts until the new one arrives. A 212+/evo would be about the minimum you'd want for cooling when overclocking a 1100T.
m
l
March 11, 2013 12:29:52 PM

mlcaouette said:
Well, 62C is the max safe core temp with 55C being the max most people stick to. To prevent you from killing your cpu I highly recommend you purchase an aftermarket HSF and reset back to stock clocks/volts until the new one arrives. A 212+/evo would be about the minimum you'd want for cooling when overclocking a 1100T.

ok thx men. i will keep it at stock settings. im gonna check out that one.
m
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
March 12, 2013 6:42:54 PM

Glad to have helped!
!