Overclock an AMD Phenom II X6 1100T black edition

Chriss0906

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
Hey people. im new to the forum. and i whant to overclock my processor. the only thing that is pushing me back its the cooling. i have the stock cooler. and i dont know what cooler should i got. i have tried to overclock it in the stock cooler but the max i can go its 3.7Ghz and thats the regular boost speed.

also i dont know if its normal but. my temps on my Processor are 53-56 on idle. and thats a little high. i built this PC a year ago and i love it. im gonna change the Video card tough.

My pc specs are:

Processor: AMD PHENOM II X6 1100T BLACK SERIES- 3.3-3.7 GHZ

Motherboard: ECS A785GM-AD3

Ram: 12GB Kingston

Video card: GTX 550Ti CYCLONE 2 MSI- 1GB GDDR5

so basicaly i whant to know how to overclock my processor safely with the stock cooler. while i get a good one. my goal its 4.0 GHZ thats all i whant. and the temps max 70. i hope thats posible. so can you please help me people?

mlcaouette

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
Well, 62C is the max safe core temp with 55C being the max most people stick to. To prevent you from killing your cpu I highly recommend you purchase an aftermarket HSF and reset back to stock clocks/volts until the new one arrives. A 212+/evo would be about the minimum you'd want for cooling when overclocking a 1100T.

Chriss0906

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013

ok thx men. i will keep it at stock settings. im gonna check out that one.

PreyTheSun

Reputable
Sep 5, 2014

Curiosity kills the cat they say...and I'm living on the wild side with my Phenom II X6 1100T, overclocking it MANUALLY, with stock heatsink and fan, all 6 cores, from 3.3MHz to 3.7MHz, with 1.45V...and I've noticed a decent improvement within my FPS and just general stability with gaming. If I try and get it to 4.0MHz, it crashes, so I'm staying at 3.7MHz for now.

Now...I know 62C is the max safe operating temp and my max on full load ultra settings while using HWMonitor to check my heavy gaming doesn't seem to go past 56C while I play constantly...BUT...

Am I risking too much by manually OC'ing it to 3.7 with the Turbo disabled and putting it up to 1.45V myself?

I'm brand new to this and I have a feeling that I'm just on the TIP of going to far.

I've been hearing nothing but the best from the 212 Evo and was wondering if it fits in an Antec Six Hundred Black case.

Thanks for all the help!