A4 Overclocking. Stock Volts and keeping cool and quiet.

firefoxx04

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
hey guys. you guys helped me before with a couple of My phenom II builds, my 965 is running 4ghz still no issues. Thanks :)

Ive just recently got into the AMD APU "scene" and they have peaked my interest. I built a computer for a customer and used an a10. It had great performance and was way overkill for the customer needs, but the price was right. I forget the temps the a10 had at full load but it was very satisfying.

I was satisfied enough to build my self a low budget a4 build (a4 - 5300). right now it is acting as a file server for my home use. Its nice to have something dedicated to that kind of thing PLUS I can stay online while messing with my main desktop.

Id like to overclock the new rig though but with a twist, If possible, id like to keep cool and quiet (I have heard of an alternative CQ program that has user definable set points for Voltage at certain clock speeds?)

Id also like to keep the voltage somewhere near the factory setting. I ditched the stock baby cooler for my Phennom II 560 cooler. Its much bigger with a bigger fan. Right now it is peaking at 32C via core temp full load and the fans have not picked up any speed. Id like to keep the fans quiet as well, reason for me wanting to keep the voltage low and use C&Q.

Build specs

A4-5300 (3.4 ghz dual core)
GKILL rip jaw ddr3 (1066) - 2x4 kit
ASRock FM2A75 Pro4-M - I like this board, 2pci E slots and 4 ram slots.
raid max 530W modular PSU

what do you guys think? Am I able to change the mult on these chips? I noticed the "FSB" is 100mhz while my phenoms where always 200mhz.

Anyone have any luck with these? Id like 3.8ghz (turbo core puts them at 3.6ghz)

Thanks for any help guys.

TRENDING THREADS