Sign in with
Your question

CPU cooling fans

Last response: in Systems
April 17, 2010 6:24:51 PM

Hi there:

I have a perfectly working ZEROtherm BTF90 92mm designed for LGA 775. I am building a new PC with either LGA 1156 or 1366 CPUs and would like to know if there is anyway I can adopt this CPU cooler to the new chips? I can't find a bracket anywhere but am hoping someone here can help out.

Thanks, I truly appreciate your input.

Jimmy

More about : cpu cooling fans

April 18, 2010 7:01:02 AM

http://www.zerotherm.net/eng/product/BTF90.asp

Model
Brand ZEROtherm
Model BTF90
Spec
Type Fan & Heatsinks
Fan Size 92mm
Compatibility Intel CoreTM 2 Exterme(Socket LGA775)
Intel CoreTM 2 Duo (Socket LGA775)
Intel Pentium Extreme Edition (Socket LGA 775)
Intel Pentium D (Socket LGA 775)
Intel Pentium 4 (Socket LGA775)
Intel Celeron D (Socket LGA775) AMD Athlon 64 X2 (Socket 939, AM2)
AMD Athlon 64 FX (Socket 939, AM2)
AMD Athlon 64 (Socket 754, 939, AM2)
AMD Sempron (Socket 754, AM2)
Bearing Type Silent UFO
RPM 750 - 2500 ±10% RPM normally under 1500 RPM
( Automatic fan speed control by PWM )
Air Flow Max 42.8 CFM
Noise Level Max 27 ±10% dBA
Normally under 18 dBA
Power Connector 4 Pin
Color Transparent
LED Red
Heatsink Material Copper
Physical Spec
Fan Dimensions 92 x 92 x 25mm
Heatsink Dimensions 108 x 81 x 128mm(4.25" x 3.19" x 5.04")
Including the base block and pipe
Weight 678g
Features
Features Effective 8-line heat pipe effects
Polished Copper base
High performance thermal grease
Automatic PWM fan speed control
Super bright red LEDs
Package Contents
Package Contents CPU Cooler
Thermal Grease
Clips
Bolts
Manufacturer Warranty
Parts 2 years limited
Labor 2 years limited
m
l
Related resources
April 18, 2010 1:50:44 PM

Thanks Alvin - but I am looking for an adopter or a bracket to reuse the Zerotherm I have already. I didn't want to spend more money on a cooling fan. cheers
m
l
April 18, 2010 2:23:40 PM

Well, I already knew that. But I am not here to help you waste time and money!!

After going to great lengths to look up your specs and post them ... and searching elsewhere, I have spent about $40 worth of my time on your fairly hopeless quest.

How much is YOUR time worth ??

Let me put it another way. The company that made it does not offer an adapter. The specs show many compatable cpus ... all obsolete !! ...
... I did not search ALL these forums to see if any other person on this planet has EVER asked ANYTHING about that cooler but I know what the search results would be. Try it! ... Go ahead, ... Try !

It is a lost cause ... However nice the cooler ... a lost cause.

I could be wrong ... don't think so.

= I'm out ! = Life is short and procs are expensive ... get over it .. move on!

[:jaydeejohn:3] Nice Cooler !
m
l
a c 172 à CPUs
April 18, 2010 2:43:37 PM

jchang, I hate to pile on after Alvin did, but the BTF90 was an excessively mediocre cooler even when it was new.

m
l
April 18, 2010 3:49:51 PM

Thanks - but that wasn't my question, wasn't it?

jsc said:
jchang, I hate to pile on after Alvin did, but the BTF90 was an excessively mediocre cooler even when it was new.

m
l
April 18, 2010 3:50:01 PM

Alvin:

My question was a simple yes-or-no answer to the existence of such bracket.

I had Googled my question prior to my posting here; it took me only 5 minutes to find other makes and the exact specs of the cooling fan I have and know there were many options for me out there.

If you truly spent $40.00 worth of time in searching for the same, I'd recommend that you look into the idea of learning how to do a more efficient research online.

It's not that I don't appreciate your effort, but, rather, I didn't think the way you carry yourself calls for much respect.

My question wasn't about my time's worth, or if what I have is obsolete or anything other than if an adoptive bracket was available. That was all.

Seems to me you don't have the answer but chose to answer and rant in the forum.

This is why I don't post on forum in general; everyone is a self-proclaimed expert.

I have chosen to ignore your posts from now on and I will close my account (set up yesterday)

As you have said in your own words, "when you grow up....."

cheers,

Jimmy

Alvin Smith said:
Well, I already knew that. But I am not here to help you waste time and money!!

After going to great lengths to look up your specs and post them ... and searching elsewhere, I have spent about $40 worth of my time on your fairly hopeless quest.

How much is YOUR time worth ??

Let me put it another way. The company that made it does not offer an adapter. The specs show many compatable cpus ... all obsolete !! ...
... I did not search ALL these forums to see if any other person on this planet has EVER asked ANYTHING about that cooler but I know what the search results would be. Try it! ... Go ahead, ... Try !

It is a lost cause ... However nice the cooler ... a lost cause.

I could be wrong ... don't think so.

= I'm out ! = Life is short and procs are expensive ... get over it .. move on!

[:jaydeejohn:3] Nice Cooler !

m
l
April 18, 2010 9:47:17 PM

WOW !!! Touche' ! ... I actually am getting more respect for you, each passing moment!

Yeah ... I have a LOT of growing up to do!

You know, that reminds me ... (harp seguay) ... When I was a little child, I had this old raggedy teddy bear that I just couldn't let go of . . .

I know your account is dead but THIS post is for the moderators, and the community.

You are CLEARLY VERY INTELLIGENT ... EXCELLENT RESEARCH SKILLS ! ! !

So, WHY, then, are you dragging old parts into the "new system build" forum ?

How many hours of professional's time have you wasted on this ? ... Because, as you said, you have been all over the internet with this question. Not sharing your motivations ... just barking orders and having no patience.

Why would anyone care to help you? ... Expert ? ... Me? ... Relative to what parties?

You are smarter than me ... even cheaper too (apparently). You are in the wrong place and it shure looks like you found the wrong guy. So sorry 'bout that.

I LOVED your RANT ! ... Keep up the good work ... that was "really perky"!
m
l
!