shawn157

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
Hello, I have a Phenom 955 BE with a Rocketfish cooler. No matter what I do, I cannot get the fan off of minimum which causes my computer to run at 60C which is the max safe temp... Please help me I'm scared of frying my cpu. It's not power supply I don't think.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
you're not going to fry your CPU anywhere near that temperature.

First off, try disabling all the fan controls and things like Cool n Quiet in your BIOS to see if the fan spins up to full speed. If it does (and it's not too loud) then you could just leave it I guess, otherwise turn them all back on again and see what happens.

Do you put your system under any significant load? It's likely the fans aren't spinning up because they don't need to - thats Cool n Quiet again. Try downloading Prime95 to load up your CPU 100% and see if the fans spin up.

It's also possible that the fan cable is a bit ddgy so it's not getting the required signals or power through to spin up when needed.

shawn157

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
Thanks for all the tips I was playing gmod and my cpu was at like 72 and fans still on minimum. What I did was plug it into the case fan 3-pin and it runs on full the whole time... it's still messed up though and I still am trying to find an answer.