Need help with DNS issue--Router, Win7, Modem problem?

massivepepper

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2009
My internet network connectivity has been hampered by DNS problems ever since I've introduced a router to add wireless ability, though there may have been issues before that, but not nearly as much.

I'm using a Motorla Surfboard Modem>Belkin G Wireless router>desktop and I access the wireless signal using my iPhone, laptop, and hopefully the PS3.

Far too often I'll want to access a widely used page (Youtube, Google, Facebook) or something with less traffic and I'll incur a "DNS server is not responding. Server cannot be found". The PS3 won't pick up the wirless signal citing DNS issues.

This is a problem that is too much too ignore and I'm wondering if there is a workaround.

Any guidance would be appreciated----very frustrated.

massivepepper

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2009
No, not yet, I think I've found a solution to that anyway—connection via a long ethernet cord I just found. There will still be hiccups I imagine.

The PS3 serves to highlight he fact that DNS problems are he'll. Is this normal for anyone trying this kind of networking setup? So far my inquiries seem to offer no easy answer.