Sign in with
Your question

Endless reboot during post

Last response: in Storage
May 24, 2012 4:30:27 PM

I received my new computer yesterday and put everything together. Upon booting up it will attempt to post but during the time it is "detecting IDE" it restarts and does it all over again. I installed a fresh copy of windows 7 on my hard drive and even got windows to start during that whole process. For some reason when I restarted the computer after installing drivers it started back into an endless restart. I installed the windows 7 with the hard drive plugged into this new computer and not my old one (to hopefully take care of any confusion).

pc specs:

Asrock z77 extreme6
Evga 560gtx
Kingston hyperx 4gb stick
Cooler master 1000w powersupply
Seagate 250gb sata hard drive
Intel i7 2600 3.4ghz

More about : endless reboot post

a b G Storage
May 24, 2012 8:17:05 PM

Is your hard drive using an IDE plug? or are you using a SATA cord?

You should also go into your BIOS and check if you have IDE turned on.
m
l
a c 317 G Storage
May 24, 2012 8:31:57 PM

Is your HDD attached to one of the many Intel SATA ports or one of the two ASMedia ports?
m
l
Related resources
May 24, 2012 10:20:36 PM

It is using a SATA cord and the bios is set to ACHI and is plugged into the SATA 2 ports (the black ones).
m
l
a b G Storage
May 24, 2012 10:22:31 PM

what drivers did you install? and try another port if possible.

I suggest doing a windows repair.
m
l
a c 317 G Storage
May 24, 2012 10:29:10 PM

From your description, it sounds like one of your drivers caused the issue. To save time I would just re-install Windows 7 and then install drivers one at a time, the latest version available freshly downloaded, and see how it goes. One of the drivers may have been corrupted.

When you do the re-install, select custom and delete the previous partition, and then allow Windows installer to install to the fresh unpartitioned space.
m
l
May 24, 2012 10:32:12 PM

Okay, I will try that. Thank you for all your help!
m
l
a c 317 G Storage
May 24, 2012 10:37:55 PM

Nizo said:
Okay, I will try that. Thank you for all your help!
Just before starting the install, make sure to go into the bios and check your settings to see that the boot order is correct and that your other settings reflect your parts.
m
l
!