brianfulcher15

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2008
so, im looking at buying a new case and would like some recomendations.

Things Needed:

Room for 3 way SLI, prefered 8 slots or more.

Full tower

realy good air cooling with filters (using 3 gtx480s)

good cable management or room to hide cables.

Wide enough to fit the thermalright 120 in.

MOBO i will be using is ASUS p6x58d-e

Prefered toolless but not a must.

Price limit 350.

Right now im using an antec 900 and its been a great case but I want something different with more room for this build.

Right now im looking at the lian-li pc-p80

matt314

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
I'm a big fan of the pc-p80. Looks really nice!

You cna also take a look at the Cooler-master HAF series. I'm not a big fan of the look but I know alot of ppl who love them!

brianfulcher15

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2008

Yea i dont want another one maily becuase i already have one, and i want more room for expansion. Ive read tha tmy mother board design has issues with 7 slot cases with 3 way and quad SLI.

Do you know if the antech 1200 has filters? I think its a 7slot case too though but im no aposed to moding a case a little as long as its not a major hack up job needed.

ashergill

Distinguished
May 22, 2010
Look into the ATCS 840. I'm wrapping up my first build, and that's the case I went with. My mobo is the same as yours as well, and my cooler is the Noctua NH-D14, which is larger than the TRUE 120, and fit in that case without any problem.

I'm only using one GPU, so can't comment on fit issues with 3 cards, but the case certainly seems to have room for it.

The removable mobo tray was fantastic; I imagine my first build would not have been as easy as it was without this feature, especially trying to mount such a large CPU cooler. I also found cable management features quite good.

Good luck!

If you are already looking at the Lian-Li PC-80 then its difficult to divert your attention.. It's a really beautiful and purposeful case.. Go for it..

P.S. - Any reasons except the cost in not selecting the Asus R3E..??