Constant memory errors with GIGABYTE GA-890XA-UD3 and Corsair memory

I have a GIGABYTE GA-890XA-UD3 AM3 board with a Phenom II X4 965 C3 CPU, I bought the mobo with a kit of 2x 2GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) memory back in September.
I decided to go with this memory due to the standard voltages (1.5v) and timings (9-9-9-24). Shortly after putting everything together I started getting multiple memory related blue screens, I ran Memtest and it showed no errors. I've tried putting the memory from slots 1 and 2 to 3 and 4, but the issue still persisted. My mobo is running the latest drivers and I have looked extensively at the memory timings and everything in the bios to see if there is anything out of place, everything looks normal. So I was wondering if I can't figure out how to fix this do I bother replacing the memory, contacting Gigabyte for a RMA on the board, or just buy a new mobo?
6 answers Last reply
More about constant memory errors gigabyte 890xa corsair memory
  1. Try with one stick at a time.
  2. My Asus board set the timings automatically for the same ram... Even down to 1T - Voltage is 1.56 though...

How long for memtest?
  3. I did the full memtest, twice no errors each time.
  4. Why do you say "memory related blue screens"?
  5. XMSYellowbeard said:
    Why do you say "memory related blue screens"?

The short description given for the crash usually involves memory access ex. Memory Flow Error
    I have checked my memory on a few other board with no issues at all I just get issues with my current board.
  6. No, the ram is not on the QVL, there is only one Corsair model on the QVL for the motherboard, but the only difference from what I ave is the one on the QVL runs at 1600, same voltages and timings.
Ask a new question

Read More

Corsair Gigabyte Memory