Solved

Windows 7 video output

I have a gt240 on a HDTV that supports 1080i or 720p. My PS3 can push out 1080i, but my GT 240 cannot? Is there some way of resolving this. When i watch a movie in fullscreen mode, the resolution moves to 1360 x 768 @ 60Hz, which is the setting that windows considers a computer monitor. I read that i may need to update my HDMI driver n windows but i though this would have come in the NVidia driver package. I am on Windows 64bit and i watch movies in MPCHC. Soryy about the double post! :sol:
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about windows video output
  1. Best answer
    You need you look at the specs of your HDTV (Google).

Many small and older HDTV do not have 1920 x 1080 native resolution. They are in fact 1360 x 768 resolution HDTV that supports 1080i/p because the video is shrunk down to 136 x 768 to fit on the screen.
  2. Best answer selected by buzzforb.
  3. If i am using this card to for movie playback, should i go into Nvidia control panel and manually set the anti-aliasing and antitrpoic filters to their highest level. Will this improve picture quality if i am offloading the encoding task onto the gpu or is this irrelevent to video playabck. I am using CoreAVC 2 to take advantage of Cuda playback of x264 encodes in mcphc.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics