Setting up mobo without integrated GFX

xerxces

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010
I am building a computer for the first time and I am wondering how am I going to setup the computer without a video outlet. I do have a video card coming with the components but it does not have an integrated card and no video outlet. Do I out the video card in first or what?

xerxces

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010
I think I got my answer on yahoo answers. Someone said that I should be able to get to the bios screen and most new op systems have some preloaded drivers that should get me to where I need to go and then I can update drivers. Does that sound right?

Yep. You need a GPU and a monitor to see the stuff that you need to see.

The OS has basic character and graphics drivers built into it. Doesn't have any of the fancy - or not so fancy :) - drivers for the acceleration features of the card.

Once you boot and install the OS, put the chipset driver disk (the one that came with the motherboard) in the optical drive and install those drivers. Then you can install the video drivers. Then install the printer driver and any other device driver you have.

Install some kind of firewall and antivirus software. Do not go online without these.

Then download all the updates.

Anyway, this is basically what I do.