Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Outlook express will not respond-how to fix free

Last response: in Windows XP
January 1, 2013 8:37:51 PM

I cNNOT OPEN THE INBOX. LAST ENTRY IS oCT 7 . Cable supplier Cogeco.ca, says they can open with the supplied password at their office. The same password will not open my outlook express. Cable says the problem is in my software possibly a fragment of some antivirus protection.
a b 8 Security
January 2, 2013 6:19:17 AM

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

The best workaround for this is to use a different e-mail handler that is capable of importing all the settings and historic files from OE, and work properly in future. My suggestion is Mozilla Thunderbird so download that and use the Import function from the File menu if it doesn't automatically offer to import while you're setting it up. It's a good mail handler and it can manage larger files than OE or even Outlook.

That said, it would be wise to run strong malware scanners to make sure there is nothing blocking OE because it could also be affecting other parts of your system. MalwareBytes is a good one and the trial version is free from http://www.malwarebytes.org.

Score
January 2, 2013 1:37:31 PM

Saga Lout said:

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

The best workaround for this is to use a different e-mail handler that is capable of importing all the settings and historic files from OE, and work properly in future. My suggestion is Mozilla Thunderbird so download that and use the Import function from the File menu if it doesn't automatically offer to import while you're setting it up. It's a good mail handler and it can manage larger files than OE or even Outlook.

That said, it would be wise to run strong malware scanners to make sure there is nothing blocking OE because it could also be affecting other parts of your system. MalwareBytes is a good one and the trial version is free from http://www.malwarebytes.org.

Hello Saga Thanks for the quick reply. I use firefox as my browser, so thunderbird is a good suggestion. I will try it. Not too swift on the computer though! 'reply' area is not readily apparent. This looks like a good forum!! phicks1
Score
a b 8 Security
March 19, 2013 4:16:22 AM

johnmic said:
Outlook Express get damaged due to multiple reasons such as corrupt storage media, sudden shutdown of mailbox, malware codes and networking errors. ********************* recovers complete items

The thread title says "how to fix free" so your $29 dubious software fails to qualify at first base, johnmic.

You can, however, personally qualify as a Commercial Spammer and be banned from Tom's even without actually posting a link. You wouldn't want us to think that about you - would you? This thread is now being closed.
Score
!