Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How can I recover from a failed bio flash GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3H

Last response: in Motherboards
December 29, 2010 5:06:05 AM

I have a GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3H and just did a bios update and after reboot I get it to reboot a coupe times and it freezes. I unplugged everything and cleared cmos and it woul take me to a cmos checksum error but no matter if I choose last good boot or delete to get into bios, it goes right back into freezing.

Any suggestions as to how I can put the update on a usb or cd and boot with some crazy combo o keystrokes lol?

Any advise would be appreciated

Sean

Best solution

December 29, 2010 5:33:25 AM

On that Sean, I really got some bad news for you if things are still the way it was before. If a bios update fail, usually you need to change the chip for fixing the issue. SO you might consider a rma. Some peoples might know more about it than me about that, but I believe it is what I heard.

Try to clear cmos again and fall back to your first BIOS. Wish you luck with that. If you can't, contact Gigabyte... and good luck with that too.. their RMA system is horrible.
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
December 29, 2010 1:06:52 PM

Yes, read your manual, I don't have time right now but I have a Gigabyte board similar and there is dual bios feature that is supposed to get you back up and running if you botch a BIOS update. I have never had to use it though.....yet!
m
l
December 29, 2010 1:08:11 PM

Yes, the one huge benefit to Gigabyte boards is their dual-bios system. Read you're manual and figure out what to do to flash back the original bios and try again. Pretty simple.
m
l
January 8, 2011 3:49:13 AM

Thanks for all the answers. I ended up having to get a new motherboard because the manual that I had was for this board mentioned and the actual motherboard that I had was the 790fx so when I downloaded the bios for this board ......we all know what happend from here lol. I guess I just got a used box with a different MB when I purchased it or something.
m
l
January 14, 2011 11:03:27 PM

Best answer selected by inkedscorp.
m
l
!